Following the right skin-care program for your skin type will help you to properly cleanse, moisturize, tone, and protect your skin every day. Keep in mind that you may need to make adjustments as the seasons change. If, after following the program, you continue to have problems such as excessive oiliness, dryness, or frequent skin reactions (redness, breakouts), you may not have identified the right skin type. Or your skin type may have changed because of the weather. Refer to chapter 1 and review the information on skin types to make sure you've made the correct choice. Also, check whether the products you use regularly are actually suited to your skin type.
Oily Skin Program
• Cleanse your face two or three times daily with gel or foaming cleanser. You may select one containing glycerin, alphahydroxy acids, or betahydroxy acids. Pat skin dry.
• Apply an alcohol-free toner if oil persists after washing.
• Use an SPF 15 to 30 sunscreen spray or gel, or an oil free moisturizer containing sunscreen.
• Wash hair at least once a week. Avoid applying hair oils or pomades near fore head. Wear hair back from face.
• Optional: Exfoliate weekly with a clay or mud mask made for oily skin.
Combination Skin Program
• Cleanse your face twice daily with a light, nonsoap bar or creamy cleanser. You may select one containing alphahydroxy or betahydroxy acids. Pat skin dry.
• Apply alcohol-free toner to the T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) if oil persists after washing.
• Use an SPF 15 to 30 sunscreen gel, or a light oil free lotion containing sunscreen, particularly on the cheeks.
• Wash hair weekly. Avoid applying hair oils or pomades near forehead. Wear hair back from face.
• Optional: Exfoliate weekly with a combination of masks one made for oily skin on the T-zone and the other moisturizing mask on the cheeks.
Normal Skin Program
• Cleanse your face up to two times daily with a light cleanser made for normal skin .
• Apply an oil free moisturizer only if needed in cold weather.
• Use an SPF 15 to 30 sunscreen gel, or a light oil free lotion containing sunscreen.
• Optional: Exfoliate weekly with a mask made for normal skin.
Dry Skin Program
• Cleanse your face once daily with a creamy moisturizing cleanser. Wash again at night if you wear makeup.
• Moisturize, while skin is still damp, with a rich cream or lotion twice daily or more.
• If you have not already, apply an oil or cream sunscreen, SPF 15.
• Optional: Exfoliate weekly with a creamy, moisturizing mask.
• Cleanse once or twice daily with an alcohol free, lanolin free cleanser.
• Apply a light, water based moisturizer free of alcohol, lanolin, PABA sunscreen, or fragrance.
Page 1 of 2 :: First | Last :: Prev | 1 2 | Next