Good service history of a car showcases it in a positive light. It also speaks highly about the owner who had taken good care of his car. Auto manufacturers usually provide a user manual, to help car owners in following the maintenance schedule. There are plenty websites, offering car maintenance tips and who have been around for some time in Canada. They provide useful guidance and advice for keeping the car in good shape. They have been instrumental in creating awareness about the importance of car maintenance.
For many years, car manufacturers have applied the concept of ‘regular service', for the car maintenance schedule. It has been observed that usage of a car largely determines the maintenance schedule of that particular car. The user manual provides specific guidelines, regarding the schedule that needs to be followed by the owner for car maintenance. It is just meant give you an outline and should not be followed religiously. Maintenance schedule is a function of car usage and hence will vary from one vehicle to another.. There are websites that provide you useful inputs and tips on car maintenance. Some websites even provide Online organizers to help track your car maintenance schedule. Listed below are few tips that would help you in keeping your car in an immaculate condition.
Adhering to the tips mentioned above will guarantee you a smooth and safe ride.
- 3000 Miles Maintenance: Changing engine oil and filter is recommended after 3000 miles. Brake fluids, air filters, tyres, hoses and fan belt should be checked regularly.
- 5000-10,000 Miles Maintenance: Tyre rotation and wheel balancing should be done every five to ten thousand miles. This will ensure a even wear and tear of tyres and prolong their life.
- 15,000 Miles Maintenance: Changing air filters every 15,000 miles, will improve the fuel efficiency of your car. Brake pads and fluid should be checked and replaced if needed.
- 30,000 Miles Maintenance: Checking the transmission fluid level is recommended at this stage is recommended. The owner's manual will have directions of how to drain and replace the fluid.
- 50,000 Miles Maintenance: Examining the coolant overflow tank to check if it needs top up.