For every dollar spent on maintaining your vehicle, you stand to keep six dollars in your pocket, claims a recent study in the automotive industry. This finding should provide a strong motive to every car owner, to take proper care of its maintenance. To know more about your car maintenance, it is essential that you go through the owner's manual, which comes with every vehicle. If rountinely undertaken, not only will regular car maintenance prolong the life of the vehicle, but also lessen considerably, the chances of an unexpected breakdown. The key to lowering the overall cost lies in avid maintenance.
In Canada, various websites provide useful car maintenance tips to keep your car fit and running. It is recommended that you follow these tips religiously and carry out periodic checks. Here are a few tips, which can be used as guideline for proper car maintenance.
By following the simple tips mentioned above, you can rest assure that, the car would never give up on you.
- Wash your car regularly and wax it once in a month under direct sunlight. This will impart shine to your car body and keep it corrosion free.
- Change the engine oil every 3,000 miles to keep the engine in good shape.
- Make sure that the coolant level is nearer to the full mark. Low coolant level will cause the engine to over heat and may seriously damage the engine.
- Check the brake fluid level to ensure that the brakes are fully functional. This will help you in avoiding any untoward incident.
- Regularly check for damaged or clipped wires as it is a potential fire hazard..
- Check the tyre pressure regularly. The car manual will have the recommended front and rear tyre pressure listed.
- Clean the car battery regularly with a mixture of baking soda and water.
- Use wax to keep the door hinges well lubricated.