- As the cholesterol is generally high in the blood of fat persons, this high cholesterol causes stone formation in the gall bladder.
- Obesity creates many problems during pregnancy also. It creates many problems like toxemia, difficulties in delivery, post delivery bleeding, death of the mother or the child, etc. Fat women, generally, do not have normal deliveries. A caesarian operation is required in the cases of most of the fat women.
- Any surgical operation of a fat person surrounds with many dangers. The patient has to be given anesthesia before the operation is performed and it is not only difficult but also dangerous to administer anesthesia to a fat person. The breathing of a fat person is generally shallow as the movement of his diaphragm is hindered. Anesthesia is likely to affect his breathing adversely. The chances of developing embolism in the veins are also more in obese.
- Post surgical recovery is also very slow in fat persons. Their convalescence period is usually very long.
- Obesity disrupts the proper functioning of endocrine glands.
- The liver too is adversely affected by obesity. It has been found that degenerative diseases of the liver and cirrhosis of liver strike fat persons more often.
- Fat women suffer from menorrhagia, infertility and several other disorders of menstruation.
- Degenerative changes in the kidneys occurs more severely and early in fat person.
- Possibilities of developing cancer are directly proportional to overweight. This fact applies particularly to those who are aged above 45.
- Fat persons are often made targets of fun, gossip and ridicule among friends and in the society. As a result of this, many fat persons develop an inferiority complex or suffer from other psychological disorders.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Page 2 of 2 :: First | Last :: Prev | 1 2 | Next