Receiving a ton of free traffic would be a dream for many webmasters. Getting free traffic means any income you make is pure profit. This is why many online marketers use any free source of traffic they can find. There is one obvious reason for this - it saves money and will make your business more profitable.
One good examples of a free traffic source is to write articles for ezines and directories. This is a great way to get brand recognition for your products and visitors to your web site. Many of the free sources may not bring very targeted traffic, like safelists where thousands of people send all kinds of ads to each other. Others, such as traffic exchanges, will take up a lot of your time. It can still be a good idea to use them, after all - it is free. Use free traffic as one of many strategies to get visitors.
Here are some ways to get more visitors to your web site on a small budget:
1. Start blogging about your business. Create a blog and post unique and useful information that will make users come back for more. If your content is good, people will recommend your blog to others and you will gain even more visitors.
2. Post on forums. Marketing your site on forums is easy. Spend some time every week posting on forums in your niche and place a link to your site in the signature.
3. Write articles. Submitting articles to directories is free and will bring you targeted traffic. The one way links from article directories is also very good from a search engine optimization perspective.
4. Exchange links with similar sites. Search using keywords related to your niche to find other sites to trade links with. Contact them and ask if they want to exchange links. Good links from related sites will also help improve your rank in search engines.
5. Use pay per click advertisements. If you do not want to spend a lot of money in the beginning, you can set a low daily budget and test your campaigns first. Increase your budget when you have found a profitable campaign.
6. Create advertisement videos and post on video sharing sites like Youtube. These high traffic video sites are a great way to get your products seen by a lot of people.
7. Submitting press releases is another free source of traffic. This is also a good method for branding purposes.