Erectile dysfunction is the worst nightmare of any sexually active man in his prime. It is a source of constant worry for any man with this problem and some men would rather be hit by a bus than suffer from erectile dysfunction because most people (especially Africans) refer to this problem as the "death of man’s manhood."
Erectile dysfunction was formerly referred to as "impotence," it is the inability of being able to maintain an erection (for a significant amount of time) in order to engage in a sexual activity. This problem is common in elderly men but research has shown that younger men also suffer from erectile dysfunction as well.
Erectile dysfunction can be treated naturally, especially if you are the kind of person that will not consider surgery as an option for treating erectile dysfunction.
Here are the natural treatments for erectile dysfunction:
1. EATING HEALTHY
You can treat erectile dysfunction with the type of food and drinks you consume; you should follow these basic nutrition tips:
• Cut down on foods that are too high in cholesterol! Because too much cholesterol in your system slows down the circulation of blood in your arteries.
• Eat lots of foods that contain water-soluble properties, because these foods help de-toxify the body (e.g. fruits and vegetables).
• Go easy on the sugar or foods that contain a lot of sugar.
• Fibre power! - Introduce grains and cereals into your diet.
• Don’t make eating "junk food" (fast foods/processed foods) become a habit, because they are mostly packed with substances that are unhealthy for the body.
• Drink plenty of water! Because water helps to flush the system and helps your body work more efficiently.
• Take foods or fruits rich in vitamins, e.g. oranges.
2. CHANGE UNHEALTHY LIFE STYLES
You should quit smoking and avoid drinking alcohol (in excess), because these habits are contributing factors that cause erectile dysfunction.
3. EXERCISE REGULARLY
Research has shown that the cardiovascular system is primarily responsible for the erectile function in men; frequent exercise increases the flow of blood to every part of the body including the penile area. Exercises such as running, biking, walking etc. helps you maintain blood circulation, reduce weight, keep you fit and also helps you reduce the risk of getting heart disease.
4. TAKE NATURAL HERBS
You can turn to natural herbs that are known to treat erectile dysfunction;
• Gingko – is a herb that has proved successful in treating erectile dysfunction, it helps to increase the flow of blood to the penis and it also relaxes smooth muscle.
• Ginseng – this is the most popular herb that is used by many people to treat erectile dysfunction, it is considered by many as a sexual reviver.
• Yohimbe - this herb is found in West Africa, it is used by the natives to treat erectile dysfunction, it is known for its libido boosting powers. However, it is not recommended for use because it is believed to be quite dangerous, it is known to cause dizziness, nausea, decrease in blood pressure etc.
Believe it or not, erectile dysfunction is quite a common issue and most men are very embarrassed to talk about it. You need to understand that you are not the only one who is going through this problem; luckily there are natural ways to combat erectile dysfunction.