What is the best way to find truly unique landscape lighting? Skip the trip to Lowes or Home Depot and look online for great ideas to dress up your landscaping in unique ways.
One of the biggest ways to make your landscaping stand out is to make good use of lighting. When property owners think about landscaping, thoughts of gardens or tress are likely the first that come to mind. The lighting that is employed, however, is an integral part of creating a unique look in landscaping.
Highlight Outdoor Landscaping With Lighting Fixtures
In addition to being used to draw attention to specific locations after the sun sets, lighting fixtures can also serve as accents when they are not lit. Among the ways that they can be displayed to highlight outdoor landscaping are:
* Path or entryway lighting
* By mounting them on walls above flower beds
* By placing them on posts in gardens or near bodies of water
* By hanging lanterns from permanent structures
Try Copper Gas Lanterns for Unique Landscape Lights
There are many low voltage lighting options for outdoor landscaping – but one of the best ways to create unique landscape lighting is by using copper gas lanterns in your yard. Many homeowners opt for the elegance of copper gas lanterns as they offer an antique look with a warm natural tone.
Why Choose Gas Lanterns for a Unique Look:
1. Copper gas lanterns are particularly well suited for landscape lighting, as copper ages very well in the outdoors.
2. The variety of styles and power / fuel options allow lanterns to be placed wherever they are needed. With outdoor landscape lighting, homeowners and businesses can draw attention to attractive features of their properties and create interesting public and private spaces.
3. Natural lighting accents natural outdoor elements. Rather than using electric lighting, homeowners can choose gas lanterns with natural flames that can reflect off of surfaces like glass patio doors, ponds and pools. The size of the flame can be controlled with ease, so that it does not overshadow the landscaping the lighting is meant to accent.
4. Choose from traditional antique styles or more modern styles of lanterns
Great ideas for where to place lanterns for a unique look:
Only your imagination will limit where you can place a gas or electric lantern in order to achieve that unique look you are after. Among the most striking we install include:
1. The entryway to the home – front and rear entrances are natural locations for gas lanterns and can create a warm and inviting look with soft light.
2. Path lighting - few things are more stunning than a series of lanterns lining a walkway from the driveway to the house is also a popular option. While there are many low voltage lighting option at mega stores, the antique look of handmade lanterns is hard to beat.
3. Near ponds - These not only offer enough lighting that attractive outdoor landscaping can be seen in the evening hours, but the fixtures themselves can also serve as accents during the daytime.
4. Post mounted in gardens – lanterns can be mounted on a wooden post or on a natural type of column such as brick or stone. Natural stones and aged copper add great interest to a garden or patio environment.
Flexibility to Create Truly Unique Patio Lighting
Homeowners looking for patio lighting that can stand up to relatively severe environmental conditions should consider copper gas lanterns before opting for more standard low voltage lighting. Available in a number of styles, gas lanterns have been used for centuries and continue to be defining design elements in parts of New Orleans' French Quarter and historic Boston.
And while most lighting fixtures available today are produced in bulk, some skilled craftsmen continue to make copper gas lanterns by hand using the same techniques that have been used since colonial times. These time-tested methods ensure that the lanterns stand up to the elements and can provide patio and landscape lighting for decades to come.
At Flambeaux Lighting, our customers will find a full range of copper lanterns that can be used for patio lighting as well as indoor lighting. If you don't find the style you're looking for in our online catalog, email us or call us at 866-799-8443 and we can work with you to craft what you have in mind.