Prevent back pain by lifting and carrying your golf bags correctly
Carrying a heavy golf bag for 18 holes can do some serious damage to your back. Not only can the weight cause your spine to shrink, but could create serious problems with the disks and nerves. And the last thing a keen golfer needs is back pain!
Follow these tips to lifting, carrying and using your golf bag correctly, and keep your back pain-free:
• Avoid carrying your golf bag where possible. Invest in a trolley and pull it instead.
• When lifting your golf bag in and out of the car keep your back straight and bend your knees.
• Bend your knees to pick up your golf bag after playing a shot, even if it's on a stand
• Choose a golf bag with a double strap and make sure the weight is evenly distributed when you carry it
• Get fit for golf and focus on your core muscles, which will help support your back
• Keep a good posture as you walk around the course. Tighten your stomach muscles when you're carrying your golf bag for extra back support
The Best Golf Bags for Backs
When it comes to choosing a golf clubs bag there are certain styles and features that you can choose to help support your back, including:
These golf bags are designed specifically to sit on the back of a golf trolley or cart, keeping pockets and the club holder easily accessible. Most models will come in a lightweight design so they are equally easy to carry.
If you opt for a trolley bag, you will need to invest in a pull trolley as well. Look for a design with a sturdy steel construction to support your golf bag, and find one that folds in two for easy storage. As you'll have to pull it for a few hours at a time, it is worth trying out the different handles for comfort.
This style of golf bag is ideal if you are confident in carrying your bag the correct way, but would like to avoid bending over to put it down and pick it up at every hole. These golf equipment or golf bags have a built in stand meaning that when you stop for a shot you can stand it upright and have easy access to your clubs and tees without risking back strain.
The Pencil golf bag is a great choice for golfers with strong, healthy backs, but who don't want to carry a full bag. The pencil is an ultra-slim and lightweight style, perfect for shorter games and use in warmer weather (as it doesn't offer as much protection against the rain as a standard golf bag).
If you want more information then Golfballs.co.uk is your best reliable source. Here you can get complete details of different company’s golf bags, golf balls and other equipment details and also about golf clubs information that you want.