A microwave oven is a kitchen appliance that cooks or heats food by dielectric heating.It has created an essential place for itself for convenient cooking.
There are three types of microwave ovens.
• Simple microwave ovens: Only simple cooking, heating, defrosting.
• Microwave with grill: Simple cooking, heating, defrosting and baking.
• Microwave with grill and convection (Combination cooking): Simple cooking, heating, defrosting, baking and crisping.
Things to consider before buying a microwave oven
• Needs - First ask yourself, what is the basic purpose for which you want to buy? You may require it for routine cooking; you may be interested in baking, or just re-heating your food. It is better to decide on your needs first.
• Budget - You should decide your budget too. There are a number of microwave ovens, ranging in various sizes and features that are available in the market. Depending on your needs and budget, you can narrow down your choices.
• Size - The microwave ovens vary in size. You can go for a small countertop oven or for big ovens that are fitted with the cooking range. So depending upon your requirements and space, you can decide on the size.
• Features - There are many features available with different types like turntable plate for quick heating, convection cooking, melt mode etc. More the features, the more expensive it would be. So you should look for one with those particular features that you want to use. In this way, you can avoid any unnecessary expenditure.
• Electricity consumption - You should choose the microwave oven that is energy efficient. Two with similar features and functions may have different amounts of electricity consumption. So always check the electricity consumption before you buy it.
These days almost all major appliances’ and electronics’ manufacturers are manufacturing microwave ovens. These include Whirlpool, Godrej, IFB, Onida, Bajaj, Gem, etc.
Companies are offering different facilities and different functions in different models, to choose the best according to one’s own requirement.
On the Internet shopping portals, all products are displayed with correct specifications. These specifications can assist the consumer in deciding which specific microwave they would like to purchase. This saves time, money and provides satisfaction. Internet shopping is thrilling as well as beneficial.
Some companies are selling microwave ovens and are offering their customers a starter kit and a cookbook to assist in cooking as well as giving recipes for delicious dishes.
While one can cook in stainless steel utensils on gas stoves, microwave ovens need special food grade plastic and glass cookware which is microwave friendly. They are easy to maintain and can be easily stored in the refrigerators.
Log on to www.homeshop18.com and purchase and check out a wide range of microwaves available at great prices.