Online directories help locate websites within exact or distinct categories. The dissimilarity between search engines and directories is that, online directories highlight only carefully examined websites, sites that have a particular accepted measurement and contain information of substance.
One of the aims of utilizing directories is to boost traffic for website. To attain this, one must select to be listed in large, structured directories like LookSmart, DMOZ and Yahoo. Such listings will direct highly targeted web traffic to you site, strengthen considerably your backlinks or link popularity and Google Page Rank.
To capitalize on your website exposure:
- Find a category that is most significant to your site. The main category and subcategory must thoroughly fit the subject of your website and its purpose. Take for example, if your website is on IT Training, the site must feature under Education or Information Technology and not Business. Only then, will web surfers seeking IT Training related websites access yours. Do a keyword or phrase search that is pertinent to your website on the directory. The directory will display categories related to your keywords or phrases. Pick one which is right in all aspects.
- Choose a Title and Description that will increase traffic to your site and not reduce it. The Title has to be precise and must consist of the most significant keyword or phrase and if possible, begin with a keyword or phrase towards the start of the sentence. And, the 20-25 word description should concisely sum up the purpose or intentions of your website. While being descriptive and informative, try and put together in as many keywords or phrases relevant to your website as possible.
- Buy keywords or phrases from popular pay-per-click search engines or web directories.
- Make the website to be search engine and user friendly.
- Pay attention to both text and image content. Heavy images or graphics decrease search engine visibility.
- Make use of backlinks from appropriate directories and trade or business listings. Check out the backlinks used by competitors.
- Unique content is King. Add fresh content regularly. This encourages visitors and search engine spiders to come back. Make sure the text in the content is keyword rich.
- Set up and keep a blog or web log. This can become an active method to boost up web traffic while simultaneously disseminating the newest information.
- Advertise your website address or urls by printing its web address on business cards, flyers, presentation folders, letterheads and so on. Distribute an ezine or updates as newsletter regularly to customers as well as business contacts.
- Consider spending on search engines for enhanced listings and immediate review of your website.
- Buy ads, either text or banner or both, on related websites and relevant emailing lists.
- Implement a reciprocal link program on your own or through third parties to increase your in-bound links.
Maximize web traffic by monitoring it frequently. Examine web visitors activities and frequencies. Check out what is most useful and what is unnecessary. Use web cookies competently. Be familiar with technology and apply it to the utmost. Keep updated on new online innovations and developments. Note down a feasible online marketing strategy.
These are basic steps to victory: be different, ensure your site is refreshing in content and delivers what it promises; establish a network of followers; be truthful in all your business ventures; deliver on time or punctually at affordable costs; be a keen learner all your life, continually innovate your website to keep stride with changing times; be focus and carve out an exclusive niche and branch out in directions that are applicable to your business objective. Join Traffic Generation Club and alike to continuously keep oneself updated on the latest methods in increasing web traffic.