Landscape gardening is all about designing, planning, planting, paving and establishing different structures in your garden or a park to make it more beautiful, attractive and eye catching. Landscape gardening is often seen as painting of a picture. When painters paint a picture they keep a central object in their mind and draw the rest of the objects to beautify the centre. Similarly when you decide to go for landscape gardening, you must have a clear vision and a picture of the garden you want in your mind.
Landscape gardening can be formal or informal. Formal landscape gardening consists of straight paths, stiff beds of flowers in straight rows etc. Informal landscape gardening as the name suggests does not follow any formal rules of landscaping. However, extreme of any methods is not good. The appearance of formal landscape gardening is very stiff. On the other hand informal is very fussy. So it is always good to create a balance between both formal and informal ways of landscaping.
Following tips are very useful for landscape gardening:
• Lawn spaces which are open look very good and give a very nice and relaxed feeling. So when you decide to plant trees in your garden never plant it in the centre of your lawn.
• Too many trees or flower rows and flower beds gives your garden a very fussy look. So remember that the less the better, in this case. Catalpa tree is a very good option for your lawn because of its beautiful leaves and good-looking flowers.
• Too many trees together in one place of your lawn looks a bit weird. So gap between the plants is very important.
• You can use different kinds of shrubs to form a hedge as they look better than fences any day. Osage orange, buckthorn, etc. can be used for this purpose.
• You can make your garden path look more beautiful by using stones, gravels or grass.
• It’s better to keep the front of your lawn open and arrange the flower beds at the sides of the path and at both sides of your house.
Follow the tips and create a wonderful garden landscape for yourself.