A wedding is all about sharing special moments with loved ones. And when that includes children, it can also mean spontaneous and unexpected rewards. Having flower girls escort the bride adds a special flavor to the event. Adorable Flower Girl Dresses, make the little girls resemble innocent fairies sprinkling blessings.
While arranging Special Occasion Party Dresses for Flower Girls may generate a feeling of anxiety among brides who wish to orchestrate THE perfect event, we encourage you to cherish the moment and share it with loved ones of all ages. We want to help you find arrangements for flower girls and tie all the elements of your wedding together. We’ve provided some helpful tips to consider while choosing the perfect flower girl dress for your little angel.
· Style - Although bridal styles have evolved dramatically over the years, flower girl fashion has changed very little. The dress can be short or long, but it is generally "little girl" in style. Certain styles work better in a big hotel ballroom, others on a beach, so keep that in mind as you shop.
· The Season - Fabrics and colors for flower girl dresses vary greatly according to the time of year. If yours is an autumn or winter wedding, rich fabrics such as velvet or taffeta are perfect, not just for their beauty, but because they will keep the chills away. For a spring or summer wedding, lighter fabrics such as silk or cotton will keep the flower girl from melting in the heat. While tights are great for a cold weather wedding, they will be uncomfortably warm in the summer months.
· Color - A flower girl's dress should complement the bride's gown. It can be white, or the same color as the bridesmaids dresses. If the little girls dress is white, a colored sash may be used to tie the outfit together with the bridesmaid dresses.
· Comfort - No matter how precious the flower girl looks, if her dress is uncomfortable, you’ll see it on her face and behavior. Scratchy dresses and tight shoes have been responsible for fidgeting, temper tantrums and pouty pictures over the years,
· Quality - Resist the urge to purchase a dress of cheap fabric since they have been known to be very itchy. If possible, spend a bit more money for a better fabric, keeping in mind that the dress doesn't have to be a "one-time" dress, it can be re-worn often. Every little girl will have a birthday and you might think about having a formal portrait done.
· Formality – The flower girl dress should be in keeping with the dressiness of the entire wedding party. For a formal black and white themed wedding, a white organza dress with a big black taffeta or velvet sash will look exquisite.
· Wrinkle Factor - Choose fabrics that resist wrinkles such as silk or velvet, for best results as even during long wedding ceremonies your flower girl would remain crisp and wrinkle-free.
Whatever the style dress you choose, avoid those that will make your flower girl look too sophisticated. When else can she have the joy of wearing layers of tulle, girly ruffles and satin sashes? Perhaps this is why Flower Girl Dresses fashion has remained constant over the years. Little girls love dressing up but they also like being little girls. Maurice Chevalier said it best: "Thank heaven for little girls."
If you are interested to know more about Princess Flower Girl Dresses, please search our site for more in-depth information and resources.