Many teenagers battle acne, but pimples aren't just for that age group. Adults also can be plagued by pimples. There are a number of factors that cause people's faces to break out with blemishes on an ongoing basis. What happens is that sebaceous glands get plugged up with oil where bacteria can multiply. That can happen to people of any age including adults.
Here are some helpful tips that may help you if you are an adult acne suffer.
1. Acne is often a hormonal problem, so you should check with your doctor to see what help he or she can offer you. Your doctor can prescribe antibiotics which may prove to be very helpful for your particular skin problems.
2. What you eat has a lot to do with how you feel and how your skin looks. Be sure to eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables each day so that you have your best opportunity to feel and look as attractive as possible. Try to avoid fried fatty foods and junk food.
3. Unusual amounts of stress and anxiety can cause your acne to get worse, so be sure to take time each day to relax and keep your stress levels down.
4. Daily exercise can help relieve some of that excess tension by getting your body moving rapidly. So plan a regular exercise program for yourself because your whole body needs exercise and it will show in your skin as well. Walking briskly is a wonderful exercise that you can do with no special equipment except for walking shoes.
5. There is no one remedy for acne that works equally well for all since everyone's case is different and there are many acne remedies.
6. As an adult you'll want to avoid some of the products that are made just for teenagers. That's because your skin is less elastic and some products that help a teenager's skin to clear up are too drying for an adult's skin.
7. Don't forget about the numerous natural acne remedies that are available, such as apple cider vinegar and herbal remedies. You can check out your local health food store to see what it has in the line of natural solutions.
8. Women need to avoid spreading heavy makeup to cover their blemishes since all that will do is plug up your skin's pores even more. Be sure to remove your makeup every night or else your acne will get even worse. Also change your pillow cases often to avoid spreading bacteria.
These tips should help you to enjoy clearer skin as you fight an ongoing battle with adult acne.