With the Gmail notifier settings you will be able to know when you have an Email in your Gmail inbox. No matter what operating system you are using, may be it is your Windows Vista operating system or others, every time you receive some new forms of Email in your Gmail account, the Gmail notifier will inform you that some Email message is waiting for you in your inbox.
The notification process includes a small window that pops up on your Windows Vista or other operating system desktop. You can view the pop up window at right hand corner in the bottom of your desktop. With this small pop-up, Gmail will let you know about the person who sent you a message via Email. You will also be able to get a preview of the sent mail message. Depending on the preview you will get to know the importance of the Email.
If you click on the notifier, you will be directly taken to the Email that has been stored into your Gmail inbox. But, if in case, you feel that the message is not that important and you want to delete, you have to open your Gmail account and delete it because direct erasing of the message from your notifier is not possible.
With such kind of notifier you can be able to set the Gmail as the default program of Email. So whenever you click on the links of Email in the Web page, you will be directed to the Gmail account from where you can send Emails.
The processes of Setting Up Gmail Notifier
For setting up a Gmail notifier you need to follow the below mentioned processes:
1. From the page of Gmail select the link ‘Settings’.
2. Then scroll down and click on ‘Get the Gmail Notifier’ in the ‘Settings’ page.
3. As soon as you clicked on the above mentioned option, a window will be opened which will give you some download information.
4. Then select on the option ‘Save To Disk’ and afterwards click on ‘OK’. If you find an option of saving the programs then save those to your desktop which will help you to find the programs easier.
5. From your desktop icon double click on the ‘GmailInstaller’. As soon as you have clicked it start downloading.
6. Read carefully the agreements of the license agreement and click on ‘I agree’.
7. Select on "Standard" and install. Then choose if you are trying to set the Gmail notifier to run during its startup. Additionally if you are trying to utilize the notifier of Gmail for the outgoing email select on ‘Next’.
8. In its next step you will be asked about the location for downloading the Gmail notifier. Then click ‘Next’.
9. Then click on ‘Install’.
10. When you have successfully completed installing the Gmail notifier click on the button ‘Close’.
11. Now you will be able to view a small envelope at the right hand corner on the bottom of the desktop.
Now you have successfully installed Gmail notifier in your Windows Vista operating system or other operating systems and it is ready to be used. Happy Emailing!