Blueprints for Tomorrow
We find that when working with owners of privately held businesses it’s important to get to the point and spend as little time as possible on items that hold no interest for the owner of the business. We have been working with our friend Nate
Sachs in Arizona to hone a program we believe not only helps you make your life better, but is focused in a way that allows you to stay in control and keep each part of the process bite sized.
The program is called Blueprints for Tomorrow. We find that each blueprint addresses areas that our business owner friends find important. Some blueprints are more important than others, but that’s the beauty of this program, you get to choose which one if any, you want to start with.
Our first two sessions with this program are always free. The What If session allows you to dream a little about what would make your life better. Our second meeting is called The Starter Session. During this meeting you’ll decide whether any of the blueprints has any real meaning for you.
Right now we have sixteen blueprints that our Clients can consider. They are:
• Sale of a business to a third party or outside party.
• Inside transition of the business to either children or key managers.
• Developing a strategy where you change your relationship to your business and institute a passive owner strategy.
• Planning what would happen for both your business and family should you die prematurely.
• Planning what would happen to your business and your personal cash flow should a serious disability develop.
• Understanding what retirement looks like and how you will get there.
• Having a strategy in place for diversified wealth accumulation and then finding ways to protect your assets once they are developed.
• Working on strategies for keeping your key employees happy and engaged for you and your company.
• Having a plan in place for your business and personal Legacy.
• Understanding mission, vision, values and goals and how they play a key role in helping you achieve all your business goals and dreams.
• Developing a plan that helps with orderly estate distribution with where your family continues to talk after you’re gone.
• Preventing life insurance dollars being spent in inappropriate and ineffective ways that don’t support your long-term goals.
• Having a key employee manual in place so you understand what the drivers are for the key people in your company.
• Making sure the benefits and retirement plans you have in your company support both you and your business.
• Designing a qualified plan that is both a benefit to your employees as well as a diversification tool for your retirement.
• Continuing the your family Thanksgiving dinner. What strategies you will need to move your business to the next generation that supports your personal values.
Over the next year and a half we’ll be delving into each of our blueprints in a more detailed manner. During this time we hope to bring you an understanding of the possibilities that face you and your business, making your life better in the process.
We strongly encourage you to contact your Stage 2 Associate to schedule a What If session. We can only say that those who have been through this forty-five minute process have found it very valuable in helping them focus on the possibilities in their personal and business life. And, our What If sessions are always free.