Are you currently in the process of looking for a new home? If you are it’s important for you to know some vital steps to help you search for and secure your new home. In order to make home shopping a bit easier on you, we’ve provided a list of some helpful steps to take when house hunting.
1. It is important to have a good understanding of your credit and where it stands. Get a copy of your credit report and your FICO score. This will help you to contest or fix any negative aspects of your credit report. The sooner you can get your credit and FICO score back on track, the better chances you’ll have of finding your dream home.
2. Try to pay down any and/or all of your debts. It is important that you try to reduce any high balances you may have. If you are capable of making higher and/or extra payments, this will not only help to improve your credit, but also improve your debt-to-income ratio and will make your appealing to the banks when you are shopping for a mortgage.
3. Prequalification for a mortgage. You do not have to be shopping already in order to find out if you qualify for a mortgage. If you can get a prequalification letter from a bank lender, it will only increase your buying power. The other benefits of prequalifying for a mortgage is the fact that you will now have a better understanding of what sort of homes or neighborhoods would fit into your budget, plus it shows home sellers that you are a serious buyer.
4. Make decisions. Decide what neighborhood you’d like to live in and the kind of home you would like to buy. Make a list of your must have’s and wants. This will make home shopping easier for you.
5. The Internet is your greatest resource. A number of websites offer online databases of homes up for sale in your area. For example, Brennan Real Estate Services offers its users FREE access to up to date listings of Murrieta real estate & Temecula real estate. You’ll have access to photos, property descriptions, directions and so much more.
6. Find a reliable real estate agent. It is important that you find a trustworthy real estate agent. Try getting recommendations from friends and family. You can even just call around and "interview" potential real estate agents. They will be your most vital asset. Choose someone that is knowledgeable in the neighborhood you are looking in, someone that has great resources and someone that seems to genuinely care about your wants and needs.
If you have any questions on how to get started on shopping for a new home, contact James Brennan at Brennan real estate services. He can answer all of your real estate questions and help you search for the perfect piece of Murrieta real estate, Temecula real estate and any other type of Riverside County real estate. Visit Brennan Real Estate Services today.