It is time to roll out the red carpet for butterflies in your area. Below is a list of fragrant eye-catching blooms to delight your eye and the butterflies taste for sweet nectar. Check with your local nursery to decide which plants are best for your soil type and climate zone.
25) Rockcress This spring blooming plant has pink or white flowers and prefers sun. It grows about 10 inches tall and flourishes best in zones 3-7.
24) Tickseed These daisy-like flowers in gold prefer full sun. They bloom in spring and will grow about 2 feet. They self-sow. This bloom prefers zones 4-9.
23) Joe-Pye Weed Thriving in the fall in full sun or partial shade, this dusty pink flower grows 6-10 feet in zones 2-9.
22) New York Ironweed A fall bloomer, this plant has deep purple flowers that love full sun. It gets up to 5 feet high and does best in zones 5-9.
21) Summersweet This summer blooming bush with its white flowers prefers shade. It can get up to 8 feet tall and grows well in zones 4-9.
20) Flowering Tobacco Blooming from summer to fall in colors of white, purple pink or green, this tube shaped flower can be found in all zones. It is an annual that can grow up to 5 feet.
19) Wax Begonia This plant has flowers in pink, white or red that bloom from late spring to early winter. It is an annual of 8-12 inches and does well in all zones.
18) Cosmos Bipinnatus Pink, red, or white, these daisy like flowers grow 4-8 feet tall. They are an annual that blooms from summer to early fall and do well in all zones.
17) Candytuft These blooms form white flower clusters. They are a spring flowering groundcover that prefers sun. Zones 3-9 work best for this plant.
16) Wild Passion Flower Purple pink flowers that bloom in full sun during the summer time. This vine can grow up to 20 feet and flourishes in zones 6-10.
15) Verbena Blooming from early summer to early winter in all zones, this bloom grows to a height of 12 inches. The flowers come in colors of purple, pink, white, or red.
14) Sweet Violet This plants flowers are white or purple. Blooming in the spring it grows to about 8 inches tall in zones 4-8.
13) Butterfly Weed The flowers on this plant form small bright red clusters. It does best in sun and will grow to about 3 feet tall. It prefers zones 3-9 and is an excellent host plant where butterflies like to lay their eggs and caterpillars like to feed off its leaves. Parsley works well as a host plant too.
12) New England Aster These blooms look like purple or pink daisies. They bloom in full sun in the fall to a height of 3-6 feet. Zones 3-8 work best.
11) Goldenrod A fall blooming yellow flower, this plant prefers full sun and grows 1-5 feet high. It flourishes best in zones 3-8.
10) Common Lilac This shrub blooms in spring. The flowers are purple or white and can achieve a height of up to 15 feet. It prefers zones 3-8.
Page 1 of 2 :: First | Last :: Prev | 1 2 | Next