Management

How to Save Energy & Money in Different Business Sectors
By Lynne Lycett · 6 years ago
Whilst there are ways BAS Energy can help a business to save money, there are also ways in which they can help themselves to be more energy efficient whilst being in the workplace. Here are ...
Kahler's Five Drivers: Which One Is Yours?
By Eddassi Hassane · 6 years ago
In 1975, Taibi Kahler, an American author, psychologist and presidential communications advisor, established and developed what he called "the five human drivers" or "the big five" that influence the path of our lives in several ...
Are Servant Leaders Obsolete?
By Eileen Mcdargh · 6 years ago
It's a question that has many of us in the leadership resiliency field pondering with great uneasiness. The current public personas of people whom we would title "leaders" are a far cry from the model ...
5 Great Benefits of an EPoS System for a Restaurant or Bar
By John Henry · 6 years ago
The challenges of running a successful bar or restaurant are very different from other forms of retail environments, but an effective (Electronic Point-of-Sale) EPoS system can help drive your business to the next level with ...
Business Energy Contracts: Choosing The Right One For Your Business
By Lynne Lycett · 7 years ago
Keeping costs low is a crucial part of any business whether it be SME (Small or Medium Enterprise) or a Corporate entity. One way of lowering a businesses’ costs is through their energy usage. Selecting ...
The lack of integration between strategic planning and crisis management
By O. P. Fleming · 7 years ago
Business crises occur every day, from serious accidents to the infamous coffee spill at McDonalds. In the introductory chapter of his book "The crisis manager: Facing risk and responsibility", Otto Lerbinger writes about the present ...
Leadership and Humor: Jolly Good!
By Karyn Buxman · 7 years ago
As I began the interview for my podcast, I looked at his boyish grin and into his playful eyes. "My guest today is Chade-Meng Tan, and he’ll be sharing his insights on leading with levity." ...
POS Systems
By Corlynne O'sullivan · 7 years ago
Technologies in marketing and business are continuously advancing. In order to keep up with competition it might seem like you have to keep upgrading in many areas, investing in a good ePOS system will save ...
BYE - The Leadership Metric That Matters
By Bill Treasurer · 7 years ago
You hear a lot about the importance of metrics in organizations. When it comes to behavior and performance, as the saying goes, you get what you measure. It's also said that you can't manage what ...
"I Just Received a Bomb threat . . . what do I do?"
By George Babnick · 7 years ago
Does your company have a bomb threat policy and procedure? If you don’t know, or if you have one but have no real idea what it says, you are not alone. Along with conducting workplace ...
Why Would Anyone Hire a Physical Security Consultant?
By George Babnick · 7 years ago
In addition to owning and operating a private investigations business in my home state of Oregon, I also work as a Physical Security Consultant. Investigations remain the main focus of my business, but sometimes investigations ...
Leading, for Goodness' Sake
Leadership is an inside job. Before you can lead people outwardly, you have to lead yourself inwardly. Leadership starts with internal goodness. Goodness is not some pie-in-the-sky philosophical concept. It's not some prudish, goody-two-shoes standard ...
Dump The Dictionary and Learn The True Meaning Of Resiliency
By Eileen Mcdargh · 7 years ago
Resilience is a way of walking through life. As I explored the wisdom we all get in hindsight, I realized that there is another word we might use: PREsilience (preventive resilience). These are skills and ...
Strategic Planning: Asking the Right Questions
By Alex Silensky · 7 years ago
Strategic planning is a process every business needs to master, yet many fail to do. It is not that they do not want to plan for the future. They just do not know how to ...
Defusing Difficult Conversations
It was 1984, and the second presidential debate between Walter Mondale and Ronald Reagan was underway. After the first debate, critics observed that Reagan looked tired, and they wondered if he might be too old ...
Leadership: "Sarcasm - Handle with Care"
"I'm trying to imagine you with a personality." "This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting." "Don't bother me. I'm livin' the dream." Sarcasm. Gotta love it, don't ya? Used for comic effect and ...
Workplace Communication: How to Avoid Screwing It Up
By Eileen Mcdargh · 7 years ago
Human language separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom. But too often, we respond to the wag of a dog's tail instead of the message given by the CEO. There is a breakdown ...
The True Cause of Project Failures
By Edward Shehab · 7 years ago
Introduction Project failures have become a common term that every project manager or business executive wants to separate themselves from. We tend to point the finger at one reason or the other being the cause ...
TMetric Time Tracker Updated with Billable Rates for Projects
By Devart Subotina · 7 years ago
Devart has released an updated TMetric, a work-time tracking app for IT professionals and companies. The release provides many new features, such as billable rates and costs, billing information in reports, redesigned interface for new ...
On the Importance of Leader Imperfection
Leadership is a messy business... at least when it's being done right. It requires making bold decisions, often while relying on ambiguous, shifting, or contradictory information. Sometimes you have to get it wrong, a lot, ...