Leadership

Ten Key Characteristics of Effective Leaders
By Billy Arcement · 14 years ago
There have been millions of words written about leadership. Here are 788 more to add to your collection. And, in this case, these are critical to your success in leading others. Why not rate your ...
Contribution of Print in imbibing Leadership Qualities in Youth
By Emile Jarreau · 14 years ago
Needless to say that the youth that lacks confidence, expertise, awareness, values and self worth cannot be expected to make good leaders. All of these above qualities have to be instilled within these young people ...
Leadership Determines Results
By Terrie Anderson · 14 years ago
Ever wondered why some companies, large or small can deliver consistent growth and positive, forecast results in good times and bad? So many companies ride the roller coaster of economic vagaries, and the published results ...
7 Reasons Why Education is a Wise Investment
By Kevin Eikenberry · 14 years ago
While different people will have different opinions about "education" and its value, I don`t know anyone who wouldn`t agree that "learning more" is better than "knowing less". Education, as I define it for this article, ...
Capturing Your Flashes of Brilliance
We`ve all heard the phrase a "flash of inspiration" or a "flash of brilliance". I don`t know where those phrases came from exactly, but they create a perfect metaphor. Think about the flash from a ...
To What Do You Pledge Your Allegiance?
If you grew up in the United States, you know what I`m talking about. Every child learns the Pledge of Allegiance in elementary school . . . "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the ...
Are You Serious? Six Ways to Answer That Important Question
I`m guessing this has happened to you. Someone - could be a spouse, co-worker, friend, anyone - tells you of his/her new plan or goal. He`s going to lose 30 pounds. She`s going to learn ...
The Good Leadership Skills A Leader Must Possess
By Amy Twain · 14 years ago
There are so many things that a leader should need to improve or develop; he needs to be able to deal and understand other people’s problems and help them. We’re all born and raised from ...
Effective Leadership Coaching Based On Values
What could I do to be a better and effective coach? Neither Martin Luther King nor Gandhi ever took a course or seminar on non violence; Walter Cronkite on valuing integrity; Abraham Lincoln on valuing ...
Leadership - 5 Strategies for Developing and Maintaining Your Leadership Skills
By Gail Solish · 14 years ago
In the world today there is an aura of anxiety invading many work environments. People tend to worry about their jobs, the economy and its impact on their company’s viability. Add to the mix whatever ...
360 Leadership Surveys Strengthen Your Organization's Leadership and Profit
By Howard Deutsch · 14 years ago
360 Leadership Surveys / 360 Leadership Assessment Surveys: Management guru Peter Drucker said "Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things." The best leaders are highly effective at executing. They make important ...
Advantages of Leadership Coaching
By Elle Wood · 14 years ago
In today’s corporate world, many organizations invest their money and time to give their employees leadership coaching. This investment pays off in skills and in competitiveness. Some advantages of leadership coaching include: • Increased executive ...
Challenging Yourself Through Adaptive Leadership
By Tim Millett · 14 years ago
Have you wondered why some companies seem able to handle whatever comes their way including the difficult economic conditions over the last year? While other companies go bankrupt, the successful companies deliver results over and ...
Inspiration Through Leadership
By Greg Spinner · 14 years ago
There are many ways to measure our success in life. Some see it as the attainment of wealth and accumulation material things. Others might say raising a happy family is the most important thing to ...
The Essence Of Delegation
Many companies fail in their businesses in network marketing because of their lack of effective delegation. The reason why some companies find it difficult to delegate the types of tasks or responsibilities is due to ...
What Makes A Great Leader: 10 Vital Traits Of A Great Leader
By Michael Lee · 14 years ago
Over the years, many people have talked and written about what makes a great leader. They have derived examples from some of the greatest public and private figures in both the past and the present. ...
Have you lost your passion? 5 ways to reawaken your deepest desires
By Barb Burgess · 14 years ago
Lost your zest for life? Having trouble staying focused on what’s in front of you? Spending too much time worrying about the past or the future? If you have trouble focusing on what you need ...
Excellence In Leadership
By Onyekachukwu Ukeje · 14 years ago
According to the Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, to excel means to be superior to; to surpass in accomplishment or achievement; to be distinguishable by superiority; surpass others. According to The Complete Christian Dictionary for Home and ...
Motivation or Inspiration: There is a Difference
Often on airplanes people ask me, in casual conversation, what I do for a living. After explaining it in a few sentences, they often knowingly smile, and say: "Oh, you`re a motivational speaker." Well, honestly, ...
What You Can Learn from Christopher Columbus
In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue. If you are like me, you learned that rhyme sometime in elementary school. Specifically, Columbus left on his first voyage on August 3, 1492, sailing in search of ...