Leadership

What Would You do if…? Moving Diversity and Inclusion from Concept to Action
By Lenora Billings-Harris · 9 years ago
Imagine that you’re a police officer and the newest member of your department is a practicing Black Muslim. What biases, stereotypes or assumptions might come up for some in your department? What would you do ...
Community Engagement Drives Business
Companies have known for years that supporting community efforts can reflect positively on the organization. Our Trailblazers deemed this relationship critical to the success of diversity and inclusion within their businesses, as this involvement drives ...
Colorism - A Silent Bias in the World of Diversity
Colorism, what is it? The word "diversity" when used in the workplace conjures up many meanings, often determined by where in the world you are. In the United States and especially in the southern states ...
To Be or Not to Be PC: Creating Inclusive Language in Today's World of Diversity
Are you tired of political correctness and wonder why it is suggested that language should become more sensitive? As our society and workplaces continue to expand their diversity, more and more people want to be ...
Are You An Expert Or A Thought Leader?
By Holly Chantal · 9 years ago
I remember when I first started my coaching business and the idea of saying I was an expert gave me a queasy feeling in my stomach. After all, who was I to say I was ...
Diversity Collisions in the Workplace: Silo Mentality versus the Networked Reality
Diversity is fact of life, with workplaces being representative communities of different ethnicities, sexual orientations, skill levels age groups and more. With the induction of the newest additions to the work force, the stark contrast ...
Tips to Help You Become An Entrepreneur
By Shantanu Das · 10 years ago
Everyone dreams. But only the truly exceptional possess the dedication and creativity to turns those dreams into a reality. Such truly exceptional people are known as entrepreneurs. These people introduce a radical new idea into ...
To Become A Very Good Leader You Must Develop Vision
By Leanora Kubis · 11 years ago
To be a great leader, not only should you be able to have your own vision, but also to get those under you to buy into it. A dream you create in your mind is ...
The Heroic Leader – 3 Characteristics To Be the Hero of Your Company
By John White, Jr. · 11 years ago
If you want to be a heroic leader, you need to have the right characteristics activated within you in order to impact the lives of others. In this article we will explore three characteristics that ...
The True Entrepreneur – 3 Tips for Your Success
By John White, Jr. · 11 years ago
There are a lot of people who have quit their jobs and became self-employed, but does that make them a true entrepreneur? Did you know that 25% of startup businesses fail within the first year, ...
What makes a leader?
By John Cimble · 11 years ago
Executive coaching and leadership training helps turn mere managers in to lifelong leaders by instilling a few of the well-known principles involved in becoming a leader. But make no mistake, not everyone can become a ...
How Our Beliefs Control Our Life
By Edward Lewellen · 11 years ago
Beliefs are our guiding principles and we use them to make sense of the world. Some beliefs are generalizations about the world we live in. For instance, when I say, "when entering from the outside ...
Executive Coaching and Mentoring: For Effective Teams and Executives
By John Arthur · 11 years ago
The Gallup Global Survey 2011 results show that only 18% of Australians say that they love their work. This is a dismal scenario for companies because happy employees bring better investment returns, sales and numbers. ...
Coping With Difficulty - An Important Leadership Skill
By Walter Pazik · 11 years ago
Are you a successful businessperson or manager? If you are, the way you manage challenging situations will show the world your skills as a leader. There are lots of undesirable situations that can occur and ...
Benefits of Business Leadership Executive Coaching
By Tom Bordon · 12 years ago
Can you learn leadership from a book? No, leadership requires experience, exposure and real life challenges that constantly test your abilities to rise above the obstacles and win your way. Business leadership is no less ...
What are some of the basic reasons to have Coaching Institute
By Oliver Blain · 12 years ago
There are many reasons why the employees or workers need corporate training. Some of the basic reasons of undergoing an amount of training are physical and mental skills of any worker in their job prospects. ...
Safety Training for your Construction Team
By Arthur Vitale · 12 years ago
Construction safety training is sometimes left up to the safety manager, who either takes over the job of training the construction team or designates other personnel such as a site safety coordinator or supervisor to ...
A Start At Filling The Leadership Gap
By Brad Smith · 12 years ago
There is a large gap in leadership between what has been demonstrated and what most feel is required. Many leaders also hold this same perspective. The problem is, they don't know how to get from ...
The Five Levels of Leadership
By Lorraine Sy · 12 years ago
There is a saying that leaders are not born, they are created. Teambuilding’s develop leadership skills and instills the value of what leadership is about. Maxwell asks "How do you grow a company? By growing ...
Winning at Working--Workplace Heists
By Nan Russell · 12 years ago
Seated in the courtyard of a sports bar during a playoff game in the home city of one of the teams, it was an energetic crowd that Sunday. While we'd come for a quick bite ...