Psychology

What does it mean to Thrive when you have Bipolar Disorder
By Cassandra Good · 13 years ago
What Does it Mean to Thrive When You Have Bipolar Disorder The definition of Thrive according to the dictionary means 1) to prosper or flourish 2) to grow vigorously or luxuriantly; improve physically. As individuals ...
Cognitive behavioral therapy is the best
By Thomas Strickland · 13 years ago
Putting aside all the pointless arguments about whether people should get so anxious, the practical reality is that they do. If this seriously disrupts their ability to lead normal lives, then something should be done. ...
The American Psychiatric Association is at it again
Well, it’s that time of the decade again and the American Psychiatric Association (APA) is going through it ritual of revising the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM). Let’s be clear why this is important. For ...
Hypnosis: changing your mind?
By Gayle De Faveri · 13 years ago
Hypnosis: is a mental state or set of attitudes and beliefs usually induced by a procedure known as a hypnotic induction, which is commonly composed of a series of preliminary instructions and suggestions. Prior to ...
Covert hypnosis
By Louis Doughty · 13 years ago
Covert Hypnosis is the art of controlling the mind of somebody else and therefore their actions. It was first created by a great psychiatrist named Milton H Erickson he was the absolute master and expert ...
3 Simple Steps To Using Confusion In Erickson Hypnosis
By Ryan Clark · 13 years ago
When using Erickson hypnosis, a big role is played by confusion. Basically, what you want to do with this form of hypnosis is to connect with your the unconscious mind of your subject. When you ...
National Institutes of Health spotlights TM research
By Linda Mainquist · 13 years ago
A recent study found daily Transcendental Meditation practice helps young adults decrease psychological stress and increase coping ability, and for a group of students at high risk for developing hypertension, these changes also were associated ...
3 Tips For Increasing Self-Esteem
By Natalie Jewell · 13 years ago
Do you have low self-esteem? Are you nervous to be in big groups of people because you are afraid of what everyone will think of you? Well, don't worry, you are not alone. Many of ...
Addictions and The Change Process
By Sophie Henshaw · 13 years ago
In order to give up an addiction such as smoking, drinking or using drugs, a person must go through foreseeable stages of change. Since Prochaska and DiClemente’s hallmark research in 1982, these stages have been ...
30 Mere Seconds To Smooth Self-Hypnosis
By Jenny Summers · 13 years ago
There are lots of ways to encourage a peaceful, unstrained mind set, in which the body is still, and also the sensitive system is simply placed aside for a short time because the unconscious mind ...
Human Psychology History
By Rahul Nair · 13 years ago
Human Psychology History Medieval Perspective Basic ideas of Structuralism and Functionalism In 1879, studies in the field of human psychology began as a science of its own in Leipzig, Germany. With the establishment of Wundt’s ...
Yesterday’s Men – How Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Uses the Past to Heal the Present
By Phill Taylor · 13 years ago
It’s a truth long acknowledged, in therapeutic circles, that the things that happen in one’s past form the person’s today. The child, as they say, is father (or mother) to the man (or woman): and ...
Essential Conditions of Successful Change in Therapy
Successful results in therapy have far less to do with the exact intervention used than many health professionals actually suppose. During their university treatments, mental health professionals learn how to dispense specific, empirically validated therapies. ...
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Over & Knowledge
By Burke Ferguson · 13 years ago
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is an anxiety disorder characterized by thoughts that produce anxiety. I am speaking about repetitive behaviors that are a combination of such thoughts which are the obsessions and the behaviors which are ...
Depression and Core Beliefs
Core beliefs are found at the centre of every depression and can be thought of as nuggets of self-hatred. They develop in the aftermath of experiences that you think define who you are. In short, ...
A Critique of Covert Hypnosis
By James Nelson · 13 years ago
A little while ago I posted a blog and circulated an article that shared details of an entertaining evening that my wife and I enjoyed while cruising the Mediterranean recently. You can find it on ...
Why learn hypnosis? Guide to the benefits that hypnosis can make to your life.
By Alberto Facchielli · 13 years ago
I know you're curious about hypnosis and that you are looking for something that can help you figure out if hypnosis can help you solve your problem. And I also understand why I found myself ...
An explanation of cognitive behavioral therapy
This is a standard approach to pain management in many countries around the world. The therapy deals with the two essential aspects of every person: cognition is the power to think and understand, behavior is ...
What’s the story on cognitive behavioral therapy?
The world always seems a better place when an acronym really works. In this case, the word is NICE which currently stands for the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (the powers-that-be added the ...
The Cause of Depression
Wherever there is misery, there is SELF HATRED, also recognized as SELF-JUDGMENT. Where there is misery, there is always self-judgement. JUDGEMENTS are made up and FACTS are REAL; the two should never be confused.Judgment lies ...