Culture

Are Waist Beads Solely for Skinny Women?
By Sherita Brace · 6 years ago
It is fair to state that the West has always been and always will be obsessed with svelte looking women. Juxtapose this obsession with the West-African perception of beauty, and you will arrive at the ...
A quick Peek Directly into Rush Limbaugh Celebrity Story
By Garth Safford · 6 years ago
Full Name: Run Hudson Limbaugh III Time of Birth and labor: 12th The month of January 1951 Beginning Place: Cape Girardeau, Missouri Rush Limbaugh is   fact American creator, political commentator and radio station personality. Your ...
The Moral Necessity of Veganism
By Rob Marenghi · 6 years ago
Please join me in imagining a planet where the following happens – billions of cats and dogs are raised in unpleasant conditions, killed and then eaten by humans. Now, imagine that these dogs and cats ...
A Degenerative Evolution
By Richard Corrigan · 7 years ago
A Degenerative Evolution (terrorists’ recruits) by Richard F. Corrigan Serendipitously, as I was toiling through my middle and high school years, I kept an unofficial diary in the form of letters to and from friends. ...
Travelers on the Orphan Train
By Tony Grayson · 9 years ago
Summary The words abandoned, abused, and orphaned do not sound sweet upon the ear. They are heartbreaking when the word children follows them. New York City was a magnate for European immigrants to America. Many ...
Body Art - Let your tattoos do the talking
By Kian Riley · 11 years ago
Body art, (tattoos) or (tattooing) has been a mainstay in popular culture for years, however, during the crazy nineties and the naughty noughties the tattoo popularity sky rocketed and entered the mainstream. Today you will ...
Knighthoods from Cardboard Swords - Why the U.S. Exaggerates Praise for Its Military
By Chet Green · 11 years ago
The evidence is in just two words, "hero" and "warrior." Overused, and inaccurately overused, they've been redefined. Once people had to voluntarily risk their physical safety to be heroes. Today simply enlisting is called a ...
Failed Fiat Currencies In American History
By Tom Genot · 11 years ago
America has had a history of fiat currencies dating back as far as the American Revolution. Even before America’s colonists won their independence from the British. It was in 1775 that the Continental Congress attempted ...
Saint Patrick's Day Parades 2012
By Frank Romano · 11 years ago
Saint Patrick's Day religious holiday celebrated internationally on 17 March. It commemorates Saint Patrick and the arrival of Christianity in Ireland. Saint Patrick's Day was made an official feast day in the early 17th century, ...
Black History Month: Helping Black Employability
By Daryl D Green · 12 years ago
Black History Month is a wonderful time to think about historical accomplishments. However, it would be better served as catalysis for further opportunities for all people. There are over 15 million unemployed in our country. ...
Life, Death and the Ganguro.
By Ryan Fuller · 12 years ago
With fashion trends changing at the speed of a concord in westernised culture, it is always interesting to explore the vast array of clothing choices made by our eastern neighbours. The fashion customs of Japan ...
Don't be your Own Worst Enemy!
By Marc Victor · 12 years ago
I cringe to think how many times clients come into my office to discuss their criminal matter with me only to learn they have done possibly irreparable damage to their case. I have found few ...
You Can Merge Christianity with Feng Shui Principles in Harmony
By Alex Fin · 12 years ago
The practice of Feng Shui originated in China where the most predominant religion is Buddhism. Even so, Feng Shui is not a Buddhist practice, although many Buddhists will practice it in order to achieve harmony ...
Bullying and Social Media
By Damien Dodd · 12 years ago
Adolescence is such a difficult time in life. Although, kids can be very resilient, it is evident that our experiences during these times can have life-long effects. Adolescents who are teased about looks, weight, the ...
The Rabbi and the Elephant: How I Officiated a Cosmopolitan Interfaith Wedding in Thailand
By Rabbi David Gruber · 12 years ago
With guests from Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Thailand and the U.S. present, Nad and Alex's wedding was easily one of the most cosmopolitan I had ever officiated. With a fairly traditional inclusive Jewish ceremony, ...
Volunteering Services and their Outstanding Benefits
By John Milly · 12 years ago
This article will take you on a journey in which you will get acquainted with the diverse advantages of volunteering services and how they enormously contribute to the welfare of the society. When we talk ...
Be Patient to Select the Right Equipments for Home Security Orange Park
By Livon Scott · 12 years ago
It has become common to provide security systems in many houses in America in the form of surveillance cameras and burglar alarms. Due to the increased rate of burglary and crime most of the houses ...
Why Do Other People Care About Hollywood Celebrities And Celebrity Scandals?
By Rubin Generous · 12 years ago
Being a journalism graduate I am all for the liberty of the press. I furthermore consider that people today ought to know everything they need to know about everything. The key word is need, and ...
How to Find Legitimate People Search Services
By Kevin Schmiterson · 12 years ago
There are a lot of websites online that claim to allow you to search for people when you need to find them. Of course, the majority of these services either aren't legitimate or they want ...
This Article Discovers The Motive Behind Peoples Curiosity With Hollywood Celebrities
By Rubin Generous · 12 years ago
Who can overlook Hollywood celebrities Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey as the newly-weds? Or Britney Spears and Kevin Federline in the suitably named "Chaotic," which lasted an entire five episodes. Then there's Hulk Hogan and ...