Culture

China has the World's First 29 Projects Included in the World "Non-Heritage List"
By Serena Du · 13 years ago
China has the World's First 29 Projects Included in the World "Non-Heritage List" 22 world, China's new "non-legacy" project and another three projects need urgent protection This year September 28 to October 2, held in ...
Two Israeli Phantoms against 28 MiGs at Ofira
By Matt Isaacson · 13 years ago
On Oct. 6th, 1973, the Egyptians launched their jets against Israel on the holiest day of the Jewish Year, Yom Kippur. They began by sending seven four ship formations against the Israeli air force base ...
Can Buddhists Celebrate Christmas?
By Joshua Smith · 13 years ago
A Buddhist Christmas may sound like a contradiction, but only if you focus on the differences and not the underlying theme. I know many Buddhist monks who celebrate the spirit of Christmas, I am one ...
Famous Fictional Markets
By Rubel Zaman · 13 years ago
Markets are the backbone of the United Kingdom. They spring up all across the week, selling a range of goods; from the fresh and tasty produce that can be reaped from farmers market; to the ...
Argentine Tango
By Nazmun Nahar · 13 years ago
A short history of Argentine tango Argentine tango is a musical technology genre and social dance that begun in Argentina and Uruguay. Argentine tango music is much more variable than ballroom tango music that is ...
Itunes: new view
By Martina Celegato · 13 years ago
One of the giants of music on the Web is certainly Apple, which thanks to the iPod and related iTunes program has succeeded in creating a monopoly in its favor on the trade of music ...
What is Truly Valuable?
By Ben Arvin · 13 years ago
I just finished writing a booklet called Navigating the Abyss of Modern American Culture. The booklet is about the problems within our culture and my solution of how to fix them. In the booklet, I ...
Clothing in South East Asia
By Lisa Olson · 13 years ago
For the average visiting ‘firang’, South East Asian fashion is a multi-faceted plethora of cheap, ‘knock off’ designer labels; last season’s Ralph Lauren shirts, inexpensive Diesel jeans and well-tailored, but none the less cheap, business ...
Excellent Service is the "Norm" in Istanbul, Turkey
By Liz Smith · 13 years ago
Service is one thing that the Turks don’t take lightly. In fact, it seems as though hospitality is ingrained in their very being. I am being completely honest here when I say I have not ...
The one drink Russians cannot live without
By Oksana Boichenko · 13 years ago
When you come to visit, you will be offered tea in virtually every house you will stop in, as for Russians it is more than just a drink - it is tradition and a sign ...
Showcase my office talent? I don’t think so!
By Sara Wright · 13 years ago
You’ve heard the whispers, you know deep down what is about to happen because the office around you is buzzing with the secrecy and excitement that goes with a teambuilding event. You’ve noticed your incoming ...
The Uses and Cultural Relevance of Bamboo in Asia and South East Asia
By Rubel Zaman · 13 years ago
Bamboo is a giant tropical grass with hollow wood stems. In the west when we consider the uses of bamboo, we think 80’s garden furniture and bamboo shoots eaten with our favourite Chinese Takeaway food. ...
Showing Your Love by Sending Friendship Greeting Cards this Christmas
By Puneet Decor · 13 years ago
Christmas Day is coming soon. Thought of anything special for your friends? How about showing your love by sending friendship Christmas greetings? Greeting Cards For centuries, Greeting Cards have been used as a popular medium ...
The Eastern Woodland Indians
By Mr. Nokomis · 13 years ago
The term Eastern Woodland Indians refers to the many tribes of native North Americans who originally lived in the forests that extended the entire length of the eastern seaboard, across the boreal forests of the ...
Russian engagement/pre-wedding traditions
By Oksana Boichenko · 13 years ago
Russian wedding traditions are quite different from what most American and European cultures are used to. Naturally, there are some people who chose to mirror the European/Western traditions, but most weddings follow a rather traditional ...
Sports Related Fundraising Ideas
By Jolian Grant · 13 years ago
Are you tired of selling chocolate bars to raise money for your school fundraisers? Do you spend a lot of time training for your sport with nutrition and practice that selling chocolate and sugary snacks ...
An old Chinese fairy - the god of marriage
By Liu Rene · 13 years ago
Tang Dynasty, A people named Gu Wei, once, he went to Songcheng for a travel, accommodation in the South store. One night, Gu Wei is strolling in the streets, under the moonlight to see the ...
Tiki Culture - A Brief History
By Gabriella Betts · 13 years ago
Tiki culture has become popular primarily due to people's preference for the Tiki decorating style, especially in most tropical tourist destinations. What you may not realize is that Tiki culture as it is known to ...
Ramadan Life In Egypt
By Alaa Ibrahim · 13 years ago
In August, Muslims usher in the holy month of Ramadan, a time of fasting and prayer that quiets the normally frenetic country. At least during the scorching daylight hours as devotees eschew food and drink. ...
Tiki Totem Poles - Getting In Touch With Ancient Mysteries
By Emily Morison · 13 years ago
What are Tiki totem poles and how do they fit in to urban lifestyles? These poles are wooden blocks that were carved into the likeness of Tiki gods and ancestors. Although Tiki figures and other ...