Culture

Ramadan Life In Egypt
By Alaa Ibrahim · 13 years ago
In August, Muslims usher in the holy month of Ramadan, a time of fasting and prayer that quiets the normally frenetic country. At least during the scorching daylight hours as devotees eschew food and drink. ...
Tiki Totem Poles - Getting In Touch With Ancient Mysteries
By Emily Morison · 13 years ago
What are Tiki totem poles and how do they fit in to urban lifestyles? These poles are wooden blocks that were carved into the likeness of Tiki gods and ancestors. Although Tiki figures and other ...
A Linguistic Look at China’s Currency
By Dezan Shira · 13 years ago
China’s ethnic minorities account for only 8.5 percent of the population, but still number over 113 million. And while many are scattered to the outer boundaries of the nation, living in the high plateaus of ...
What orthodox Jewish means to a gay man.
By David Brody · 13 years ago
I often ask myself the question, can a gay man be Orthodox, and still live as a gay man? After all, being gay is known as an abomination in the Torah. However, like most things ...
A pure Woman --《TESS OF THE DURBERVILLES》
By Serena Du · 13 years ago
TESS OF THE DURBERVILLES is one of the most famous world masterpiece of "Wessex Series" written by Thomas Hardy,The novel describes the tragic fate of a pure girl,Heroine Tess is a beautiful farm girl,She was ...
Hail to the Chiefs - How I Officiated at a Wedding in the Presence of Two Presidents
By Rabbi David Gruber · 13 years ago
I recently officiated at a ceremony, where both Presidents Bush and their First Ladies were in attendance. They hardly ever attend private events, so this was very special for everyone who was in attendance. My ...
The Music that forged the counterculture revolution of the 1960s
By Tuppence Maranovna · 13 years ago
The counterculture revolution of the 1960s is one of the most significant steps in western cultural development of the 20th Century. From the very beginning trickle of its inception, to its height during the Vietnamese ...
Rakhis- An Exclusive & Assorted Collection
By Amrith K. A. · 13 years ago
Raksha bandhan is a significant Indian festival celebrated in the Shravan month as per the Indian calendar. Rakhi 2010 falls on August 24 and is anticipated with much enthusiasm. Revelers look forward to options to ...
Chinese Zodiac - The Label for People
By Venturi Wang · 13 years ago
The "rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, goat, monkey, rooster, dog and pig" combine to form the Chinese Zodiac which relates each year to an animal and its reputed attributes, according to a 12-year ...
Politics, Survival List, Right-wing
By Wendy Rivera · 13 years ago
Politics is a process where person or a group of persons are gathered or perhaps elected to form a group of leaders to make decisions and lead the country and sovereignty. With Politics, ordinary people ...
Jewish Feasts -7 Powerful Truths For Believers To Uncover
By Michael Ecuyer · 13 years ago
The Jewish feasts are like treasure ready to be discovered. Celebrating these festivals opens the door to affecting your family's life permanently.They really are an extension of the life-giving power of Jesus.Let's take a look ...
Ethnic Groups
By Lisbeth Salander · 13 years ago
There are many different ethnic groups in the world. We can all learn something new from each one of the ethnic groups. Our race does not completely make up who we are. It has some ...
Colombian Emeralds in the world
By Andres Colmenares · 13 years ago
There are several around the World gemstones such as diamonds, rubies and emeralds. The emerald gem is a very hard and is a variety of the mineral beryl, but it takes its characteristic green color ...
Background Checks - Are They Ann Evil Necessity
By Howie Wilhelm · 13 years ago
There are many reasons why you may want to conduct background checks on an individual. If you have ever hired a full-time house sitter, a house-cleaner or even a gardener on a weekly basis, then ...
What about Destination Weddings in Italy?
By Antonella Bianchi · 13 years ago
Are you looking into what destination weddings in Italy might have to offer? Weddings abroad are inimitable occasions, but getting married in Italy, the land of legendary splendor and glory, will always remain etched in ...
Colombia and emeralds
By Andres Colmenares · 13 years ago
There is great variety of precious stones around the World, from diamonds to emeralds, many of these precious stones reach exorbitant prices in the market, which makes access difficult getting to have some of these ...
Teaching Kids the Basics of Charity
By Jolian Grant · 13 years ago
Teaching children the concept of charity and giving can start early. By simple talks you can instill in a child the responsibility to look after those less fortunate. Parents can over think this but by ...
Twitter Friend Follower 2009
By Alan David · 13 years ago
Do you have a lot of followers on Twitter? Yea me too! would you like to have more? I mean a lot more? There's a way to get tons of follower fast. Before I started ...
Beginners Guide to the Kama Sutra
By Billy Daggeett · 13 years ago
The Kama Sutra originated in India and today is known all over the world. It is probably the most ancient guide on proper sexual techniques and provides great details on how you can enjoy love ...
A Visit To The School For Self-Determination in Moscow, Russia
By Peter Palma · 13 years ago
I am in Moscow, Russia, waking up in the apartment of a friend of a friend. My flight arrived at Domodedovo airport at two in the morning, this morning, roughly on schedule. It was not ...