Outdoors

Squirrely News
By Gregory Gongaware · 6 years ago
There are times when it feels like the squirrels in our yard are just as much a part of our family as our pets. Seldom do we look out our window or walk around our ...
Starting to Pop
By Gregory Gongaware · 7 years ago
When the soil temperature hits 50 to 58 degrees, some of our favorite Spring mushrooms will start to pop. Throughout the United States, except for a handful of southern states that are just too warm ...
Snow Robins
Look, there is a robin in the backyard tugging on a long and juicy looking earthworm. Spring must be right around the corner. Roaming around in the backyard is an American robin, easily spotted by ...
4 Tips For Hunting in A Ground Blind
By Michelle Harolds · 7 years ago
Depending on the time of the year turkey hunting or deer hunting could be just around the corner. We all know what that means, it is time to get our ground blinds together and out. ...
Look Out, Mergansers Passing Through
Daytime temperatures are starting to rise. Spring is returning to New England. Slowly but surely, the open water works its way back into the cove. As the ice line recedes, more and more water fowl ...
The New Trail
By Charles Ramp · 7 years ago
We woke up early and prepared for our day. We ate our breakfast and threw our snowshoes into the back seat of the truck. We were going to try out a new trail for snowshoeing ...
PCT Training Hike on the Big Piney Trail, Paddy Creek Wilderness, Missouri
By Morgan Clements · 7 years ago
I set out for my first overnight training hike that I have been on since I was on the PCT in May, 2016. Starting at the Roby Lake, Missouri area, I made my way down ...
Where Do Turtles Go?
Where do turtles go once the cold weather returns and ice forms over the surface of the water? Do you know? There is something about turtles most of us adore. Kids love them and often ...
I am so glad that I took that first walk with my new Snowshoes
By Charles Ramp · 7 years ago
Winter was never my favorite time of year. All I could ever think about was how cold I was, until my husband bought me a pair of snowshoes. I must admit I was not sure ...
Key things to consider when choosing a venue for hire
By Luke Dane · 7 years ago
Every day, there are multiple events that happen in various places of the world. Most of these events are very official and therefore, the organizers must look for appropriate venues. It is always not easy ...
Limpy the Mallard
Last spring a female mallard decided to turn our deck flower pot, tucked under an overhang, into her nursery. Nesting is a stressful and tiresome period for the female mallard, as she lays more than ...
Musky Rodent Happenings
Early one December morning while sipping my first coffee, I spotted a small dark shape struggling on our newly nearly frozen lake. After further observations, I discovered it was a muskrat attempting to make his ...
Eagle Islands
By Gregory James · 7 years ago
It was a clear, warm summer afternoon on Lake Chaubunagungamaug in Webster, Massachusetts. We were anchored in a quiet cove, playing a lively game of cribbage when I spotted a pair of eagles soaring high ...
Fall to Winter - Water to Ice
There is no doubt fall has left and winter has arrived. Our deciduous trees have shed their leaves. Early morning frost and warm days have turned to frozen ground and bone chilling winds. Activity on ...
Titanium Time Travels
By Gregory James · 7 years ago
Ready to escape to nature? Outdoor activities are a favorite outlet for many of us to decompress from the day to day routine. A popular outdoor activity is to hit the trial on a great ...
Diving With Sharks In The Bahamas
By Mariana Carr · 7 years ago
Have you ever swam with sharks in the Bahamas? Imagine your first ever shark encounter is set in Bimini, only having known the terrifying creatures of the sea through movies and TV shows. You cruise ...
Fishing in Bimini
By Mariana Carr · 7 years ago
The Bahamas fishing scene is world-renowned for the rich history it carries and the incredibly diverse marine life that populates its waters to this day. Of all the 700 islands that encompass the archipelago of ...
Lightwater Valley - Amusement Parks fun as New Season Launches
By Declan Ellis · 8 years ago
As you’d expect after a drab winter, everyone is looking for something fun and bright to do and UK theme parks are getting geared up to show us all a good time. Excitement is mounting ...
Take a Trip to Inca Trail Peru and Experience the Most Beautiful Landscapes
By David Quispe · 8 years ago
If experiencing ancient ruins and magnificent sculptures is what pokes your interest then singing up for Machu Picchu tours is a must. Machu Picchu has the most unique landscapes and the best of flora and ...
Why Visit a Nude Resort?
By Hillary Blaine · 8 years ago
Have you ever wondered what it might be like to free yourself from all worries? We’re talking about your everyday chores, your everyday workload, and even your everyday clothes! Yes, we’re talking about freeing yourself ...