Anxieties

Anxiety in Disabled People
By Robin Akins · 2 months ago
Disabled people are more likely to have anxiety disorders. Disability discrimination and social isolation play major roles in this. After all, disabled people face practical, social, and emotional barriers. This means that anxiety can affect ...
The Complete Guide to Disabling Anxiety: What Makes Anxiety Disabling?
By Robin Akins · 3 months ago
Disabling anxiety is more than usual stress; it's a deep, constant worry that turns daily life into a struggle. It's not the kind of nervousness that passes; this anxiety lingers, making even simple tasks feel ...
Anxiety Amidst the Flames.
By Morné Jacobsz · 6 months ago
Navigating Mental Health Challenges During Natural Disasters Natural disasters, such as wildfires, strike with an unpredictable force that can shatter lives, communities, and the environment. The immediate destruction caused by these events is evident, but ...
Abundant Living Neuro: Your Top Choice for Neurofeedback in Tulsa
By Brian Williams · 6 months ago
Neurofeedback has gained substantial recognition in recent years for its potential to enhance brain function and overall well-being. Among the array of neurofeedback clinics, Abundant Living Neuro stands out as a premier establishment in Tulsa, ...
Self-Care: Lattes and Ice Cream. Really?
By Dr. Noelle Nelson · 9 months ago
We are a quick-fix species, we humans. We want ‘it’ – whatever ‘it’ is – NOW! The money, the lover, the job, the car, the child to behave, the partner to behave (oops!), the boss ...
Looking for the Best Treatment for Anxiety and Depression? Here’s Why Our Approach Is Better
By Josipa Katinic · 11 months ago
If you’re in Canada and you’re dealing with depression and anxiety, you are certainly not alone. Unfortunately, one in eight Canadians will deal with depression at some point in their lives, and more than one ...
Do You Feel Threatened When You’re Criticised?
By Elaine Sihera · 1 year ago
Personally, I don’t, because I’m a very confident person. I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion, and often that opinion is based on just fear being projected outwards to other people to justify those ...
Help for Shy Women
By Gus Kemper · 1 year ago
This article describes a remarkable treatment where a man — who is afraid of women — solves his anxiety (shyness) by occupying himself in curing the shyness of a woman. After that the man has ...
Do You Struggle with Dental Anxiety? Read This!
By Dr. Art Mowery · 2 years ago
Do the words “root canal” make you cringe? Are the sights and sounds of a dental office make your heart race? If you answered “yes,” then you likely struggle with dental anxiety. Don’t worry – ...
The Fear
By Harry Meehan · 2 years ago
Fear Fear is caused by worrying about something, often an event or situation which is in the future. Fear and nerves are two separate ideas and feelings and I believe that they should not be ...
Understanding Hoarding Disorder and Its Treatment
By Adrian Weems · 2 years ago
Hoarding disorder is a psychological condition that drives a person to accumulate things, pets, etc, which might seem unnecessary to others. This urge to accumulate is as much emotional as it is mental. They keep ...
When Choosing a Healthy Lifestyle Leads to Alienation
By Cass Boutilier · 2 years ago
Oh, Covid. You've tossed us all upside-down. Like anything in life, we can focus on highlights or lowlights, and today I'm choosing to focus on one highlight: I've started strength training in January, and this ...
How to stay healthy and positive?
By Sandra Lat · 2 years ago
Here are 9 coping strategies. How to stay healthy and positive? A Siren Training Mental Health First Aid trainer –Ryan Ridgway shared his experience, thoughts, and some useful coping mechanisms. We are in the midst ...
Getting Over Shyness & Social Anxiety
By D. Bias · 2 years ago
Learn how to break Shyness overcome Social Anxiety. Some people with Shyness and Social Anxiety Disorder fear that they will say or do something wrong, so they close themselves off to others. BREAK FREE!! overcome ...
4 Book That Help You Beat Anxiety And Stress
By Conor Kelly · 3 years ago
Give the ol’ newsfeed a rest and feast your weary eyes upon these lovelies instead. Here for your viewing pleasure are a few tomes that inform my own approach to managing stress, anxiety, and worry: ...
Can Hemp Oil Help With My Anxiety?
By Julianne Ethier · 4 years ago
What are some of the big benefits of taking Hemp Oil? Studies have shown that Hemp oil has a lot of positive uses. Pain relief, better sleep, Anxiety relief, and many more. Hemp has a ...
Yoga Techniques To Transform A Negative Mind
By Yogi Vishnu Panigrahi · 4 years ago
Human mind is the hub of free-flowing thoughts, views, emotions and opinions and owing to its versatility and volatility, it is bound to tilt towards, and favour a specific range and pattern of thoughts for ...
Weighted Blankets for Adults with Anxiety
By April Aguren · 5 years ago
Weighted Blankets for Adults with Anxiety Anxiety is the number one mental health condition among American adults. Although the National Institute of Mental Health reports that about 18% of adults in the US have an ...
Smart Techniques for Dealing with Stress
By David Baker · 5 years ago
Did that guy just cut you off on the highway? Is your boss acting like a jerk? Maybe it’s your better-half, or even your beloved children who are being spoiled brats. If only there was ...
Reducing Elderly Depression with Group Activities
By Rachel Bean · 7 years ago
Although depression is common among many elderly individuals (especially those with dementia), it is not a natural aspect of aging and should not be accepted as a given. By addressing elderly depression and speaking with ...