Self-Improvement

What does the Black Community think about Mental Health and Counseling?
By Dr. Marilyn Sturdivant, Dsw, Lcsw · 1 year ago
It’s not surprising that historically there has been a stigma related to mental health and the Black Community. So let’s talk about some stigmas that have suppressed our community. The statements below are not a ...
Fear and Freedom
By Bruce Wilson · 1 year ago
Fear and Freedom Bruce Wilson, PhD “Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is freedom.” Marilyn Ferguson When we have fear, we build walls to feel protected. These walls may protect ...
Our Tunnel-Vision
Our Tunnel-Vision Bruce Wilson, PhD What pushes us to have tunnel-vision? That is, the mindset that is only focused on a particular aim, and will not notice or consider anything else. Are there any psychological ...
If your relationship status with your to-do list is “it’s complicated”​, this is for you.
By Magali Leroux · 1 year ago
When I was in marketing, how many times have I heard senior leaders complaining about their never ending to-do list, the oh-so-frustrating back-to-back meetings making their diary look like a block of Lego bricks, the ...
A GRATEFUL HEART SPEAKS OUT
By Susan Wagenaar · 1 year ago
There is a familiar saying that "every addict impacts six other people in their addiction." If this saying is true? It would also be true that every recovering addict would affect six other people in ...
What Is the Basis or Condition for God Hearing and Answering Prayer during the Church Age?
By James Rondinone · 1 year ago
PART 3 PRAYER Chapter 3 What Is the Basis or Condition for God Hearing and Answering Prayer during the Church Age? The Church Age - From the day of Pentecost to the rapture of the ...
TOP 5 FAMOUS FAILURES-TO-SUCCESS STORIES THAT MIGHT MOTIVATE YOU
By Abu Bakar · 1 year ago
Did you know that the richest person on earth today was a big failure in their past? They rose from dropout college, a single parent who lost her job, home, got fired, and was expelled ...
Are You a River or a Pond?
Are You a River or a Pond? Bruce Wilson, PhD “Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.”- Albert Einstein Dualities Present day life is full of dualities. We are constantly inundated by oppositional views and ...
How to Trust Your Intuition as an Over 50 Women
By Colleen · 1 year ago
Making decisions is one of the most challenging things we do in life. The good news is that there are many advantages to being a woman over 50, like making decisions. It becomes easier with ...
A Metaverse Reality
A Metaverse Reality Bruce Wilson, PhD Meta comes from the Greek prefix and preposition meta, which means “after” or “beyond.” When combined with words in English, meta- often signifies “change” or “alteration” as in the ...
Charisma, Love And Health
By Ivan Cavric · 1 year ago
This is an amazing story. It’s about my friend Robert. Robert is one of those really charismatic people. You know the kind I mean. Wherever he goes, people are just drawn to him, its truly ...
What is the basis or condition for God hearing and answering prayer during the Age of the Jews?
2 What Is the Basis or Condition for God Hearing and Answering Prayer during the Age of Israel? The Age of the Jews - From the exodus of the Jews from Egypt under Moses to ...
7 Effective Time Management Principles Everyone should to Know
By Sagor Ahmed · 1 year ago
We have unlimited desires, but our time is limited. If you do not apply something in your life that you know or learn, then your knowing is worthless. So try to turn what you know ...
Excerpt from my book Anthology42
By Nathan H. Chan · 1 year ago
Preface of Anthology 42 COVID-19 hit, and the world descended into chaos. Combing the shelves of my bedroom library for books I had not yet read, I paused to peer outside the window and saw ...
Adversarial Relationships
Adversarial Relationships Bruce Wilson, PhD How do we handle relationships, couples, friends, family, or work colleagues, that are oppositional or adversarial? Are there strategies that work better than others? Could people who do not think ...
What is the basis or condition for God hearing and answering prayer during the Age of the Gentiles?
PART 1 PRAYER - Does God hear and answer our prayers? Introduction I believe that prayer is one of the most misunderstood topics in the church today! In some churches, a prayer session takes place ...
Hypnosis and Self-Knowledge
By Mal Mohanlal · 1 year ago
Most people do not understand hypnosis. Many think they cannot be hypnotised, and many believe someone hypnotises them. What they know about hypnosis is mostly from watching hypnosis performed on stage or TV. So they ...
Unleash The Leadership In You
By Cristina Solis Wilson · 1 year ago
Leadership is one of the essential skills for any person in any position. It is a skill that needs to be developed and nurtured throughout an individual’s life. This article will explore the different areas ...
Approaches to Working with Self Defeating Behaviours
By Shaun Noteman · 1 year ago
One of the ways of working with self-defeating behaviours is replacing the behaviours with personality strengths. This involves the utilisation of strength-based orientations. An expert assessed the personality of an individual's strengths (Hofmann and Otto, ...
Play Fully
Play Fully Bruce Wilson, PhD George Bernard Shaw said: “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” This may be an understatement. In the late 1930’s historian Johan ...