Books & Music

Iosif Andriasov String Quartet, Op. 1
By Marta Andriasova · 8 years ago
Iosif Andriasov composed his String Quartet for Two Violins, Viola, and Cello, Opus 1, in 1954, when he was 21 years old. The String Quartet is dedicated to Nelli Andriasova (Andriassian), the composer’s sister. It ...
How To Leave Your Day Job & Teach Guitar For A Living In The Least Risky Manner Possible
By Tom Hess · 8 years ago
How To Leave Your Day Job & Teach Guitar For A Living In The Least Risky Manner Possible By Tom Hess Wish you didn’t have to work 40 hours every week at a job you ...
How To Make Your Legato Guitar Technique Clean & Articulate
How To Make Your Legato Guitar Technique Clean & Articulate By Tom Hess Is your legato technique in need of some serious improvement, but you’re not sure how to go about it? Fortunately, you don’t ...
5 Interesting Facts About Beethoven You May Not Have Known
By Diane Roberts · 8 years ago
Ludwig Van Beethoven is one of the most famous and influential musicians/composers of the Classical and Romantic era. He was born in Bonn, which is the capital of Cologne (Germany) on December 17th 1770. He ...
Trending: Young Adult Romance Novels about Ordinary People Dealing with Love, Loss and Growing Up in a Normal World
By Dean Amory · 8 years ago
Who's Ever Dated a Werewolf? It's fun, of course, all these stories about vampires and werewolves. But, seriously, haven't you done with these artificial thrills yet? Imagine yourself as the lead character in the story: ...
Why The New No Nonsense Romance Novels May Also Appeal To You
By Dean Amory · 8 years ago
Young Adult and New Adult Romance Novels are a booming genre. In North America, romance novels are the most popular literary genre, comprising almost 55% of all paperback books sold. According to The Daily Mail, ...
How To Play Excellent Lead Guitar Licks & Solos By Developing Better Musical Creativity
Do you know many guitar licks, scales and arpeggios but still can’t play very creatively? If so, you are not alone – many guitarists are in the same boat. However, you shouldn’t make the same ...
Happy Days Are Here Again
By James Deaton · 8 years ago
It, at one time, was a big deal; all lit-up and busy, out where the rich folks lived. Huge, enormous white columns on the front porch with big oak slab doors that you could see ...
Through God's Eyes
By Karla Sullivan · 8 years ago
Through God's Eyes is compiled with personal inspirational and motivational stories that are the foundation of established values. This anthology or manual for life focuses on love, gratitude, spiritual guidance, laughter and heartache all revolving ...
How To Build A Large Model London Double Decker Bus From Scratch
By David Wilson · 8 years ago
ARTICLE FOR LONDON DOUBLE DECKER BUS By David Wilson My name is David Wilson. At Johnnywood Studios I custom build many models like this to use in my 3-D books entitled- "Lucky and the Supernaturals ...
How To Build an Awesome Spaceship Model From Cardboard
By David Wilson · 8 years ago
ARTICLE FOR PANDA THE GIANT MUSHROOM By David Wilson My name is David Wilson. At Johnnywood Studios I build many models like this from scratch to use in my 3-D books entitled- "Lucky and the ...
The Pros and Cons of Self-Publishing Your Own Book
By Larry Lakes · 8 years ago
Are you an author who has a book that you would like to see published? If you are, you should know that you do have a number of different options. While the most common approach ...
Should You Buy a Piano or a Keyboard?
By Mary Jane · 9 years ago
Piano or Keyboard: Which Should You Go With? Although the piano and the keyboard appear to have the same basic features, there is a wide range of differences between the two. These differences become apparent ...
Organizing Your Writer's Thoughts
By Ej Eisman · 9 years ago
New writers ask me all the time about writing a novel, like it was some secret that only the anointed few could ever know. I tell them novel writing is fun, but it is time ...
The Son of A rat Catcher- Life Experience Memoir
By Andrew Johns · 9 years ago
Uganda is a country that was referred to as "The Pearl of Africa" by Sir Winston Churchill in 1907 during his travel tours in Uganda. The country has gone through many tremendous changes in economic, ...
How To Attach A Guitar Strap To An Acoustic Guitar With Only One Strap Button
By James Tabron · 9 years ago
If you own, or have ever even taken a look at an acoustic guitar, most of them only have a single knob or button on the bottom where you can attach a strap. Have you ...
Indian Classical Music vs Western Classical Music – The Classical Story
By Ridwan Shafal · 9 years ago
Indian Classical Music is all about ragas. A raga portrays a mood, a sentiment, expressed through a microtonal scale. There are a number of ragas, each with its own mood and its own corresponding microtonal ...
How I Accidentally Became a Recording Engineer
By Ronnie Pistons · 9 years ago
Well, not exactly. I did intentionally learn how to record. But it wasn't as a career choice. It was only out of necessity. It's really expensive to record in a professional studio. Where I live, ...
Book Review: The Virgin Diet by JJ Virgin
By Danielle Venhuizen · 9 years ago
It seems that amongst the continual slog of new diet books coming on the market, more and more of them are touting programs that resemble the classic elimination diet. Given that I do not recommend ...
Know Your Guitar Well With Guitar History Specifics
By Lindsay Bosley · 9 years ago
The guitar is arguably one of the best instruments to play. This is because besides the guitar being quite intriguing and fun to play, acquiring guitar playing skills is easier than acquiring skills of any ...