Religion

The Villages and Cities of Palestine
By Nicci Striker · 12 years ago
All through Palestine had been little villages nestled on the hilltops and in the valleys, lived in by farmers and shepherds. Many of the same crops that grow in the United States were raised there ...
Christ The Revelation Of God
By Gillian Mckee · 12 years ago
In the gospel, God has revealed Himself in Christ Jesus (Col 1:15). He has done this so that there might be no mistake about who He is and what He is like. God is not ...
Counsel Ten How To Study The Bible
By Timmy Goodenough · 12 years ago
Testaments Are Agreements Are Covenants Welcome to guidline number ten about how to study the Bible. This guidline is founded on clarity about the agreements betwixt Our Heavenly Father, and the families of certain people ...
The Holy Grail and a Baby's Silver Christening Cup
By Richard Hoare · 12 years ago
Since the Victorian era, one of the most popular christening gifts for a baby boy has been a silver cup or silver tankard - a beautiful present that is often passed down from generation to ...
Spirituality & Nature
By Allen Radke · 12 years ago
It's a big globe in which we live in and when we look at it in the scale of the universe, the earth in which we find so big is simply a speck of dust ...
Oceanside Mission Hoping to Earthquake-proof Historic Church
By Mark Nikolic · 12 years ago
Without some serious retrofitting, one of California’s most iconic historical landmarks is at risk of crumbling to its foundation if shaken hard by a serious temblor. Administrators for the 200-year-old Old Mission San Luis Rey ...
How To Help Historical Mission San Luis Rey
Over 200 years of history are preserved in Mission San Luis Rey, California's "King of the Missions". Naming Mission San Luis Rey as the charitable beneficiary in planned giving allows members of the Mission Legacy ...
Return to the Altar of God
By Graeme Hotter · 12 years ago
"From there he went on toward the hills east of Bethel and pitched his tent, with Bethel on the west and Ai on the east. There he built an altar to the LORD and called ...
Is Adultery "Just" Another Sin?
By Edward Mrkvicka · 12 years ago
The Bible says we are not to commit adultery, yet, sadly, we know approximately 70% of all marriages include at least one affair. The commandment regarding adultery couldn’t be more clear -- there is no ...
Tip Nine How To Study The Bible
By Timmy Goodenough · 12 years ago
Hello my friend, I'll assist you to learn how to study the Bible. We ought to use dictionaries. Notice that the word is in the plural form, "dictionaries". One indispensable tool is your everyday dictionary, ...
The Catholic Virginian
Troubadour, madman, beggar and finally saint are names once hurled at one of the best known and most beloved saints in the Church's calendar. On October 4 we commemorate the feast day of St. Francis ...
Mexican Day Of Dead
Dia de los Muertos is celebrated around the same time as Halloween, so the two holidays are often meshed together. But the Day of the Dead is actually very different from Halloween and not at ...
How To Know If You're A Real Christian
The Christian of 40-50 years ago is not the Christian of today. In fact, in many instances, they are diametrically opposed. But how can that be? The Word of God, the Bible tells us, is ...
A White Man's Prescription for Righting the Wrongs of Racism--Exposing the Original Ideas Behind Racism
By Steve Boston · 12 years ago
The vast majority of people know that racism is wrong, and despite recent claims here in the United States that we have entered into a post racial society due to the election of Barack Obama ...
Man's Arrogance vs. God's Intelligence
I have noticed an alarming propensity of a number of clergy to interpret God’s Word. In sermons across the country we have pastor’s telling us every Sunday what God means when He says X,Y, or ...
Christian Funeral
Planning a Christian funeral is never an easy thing to do. Saying goodbye to a loved one is difficult. People grieve in different ways. Oftentimes family tension adds to the stress during an already emotionally ...
Righting the Wrongs of Racism--A White Man's Prescription
By Steve Boston · 12 years ago
How does a society right the wrong of racism? Can it be done? No one can change history or wipe out the evils of what has been committed in the past. But there is a ...
On Becoming God's Enemy
I have devoted much of my lay ministry to the subject of adultery and what it does to all involved, the guilty and innocent alike. Of course, only the guilty will be held accountable for ...
Be Wiser than the Children of Darkness
By Graeme Hotter · 12 years ago
The other night I watched a program on 20/20 about some people in America who are serial competition junkies. All they do is enter competitions all day in every way they can, especially over the ...
Everybody Needs A Hero
By Mike Hall · 12 years ago
I am somewhat of a daydreamer at heart. I suppose I came by this by being an avid reader at a very young age. I spent half my childhood on some battlefield defending hearth and ...