Cooking Tips & Recipes

Related categories
Little Known Facts and Other Uses for Rolling Pins
By Sharon Cacho · 9 years ago
Who invented them? Why were they invented? Are they only good for rolling out bread dough and cookies? I will answer these and other... very interesting things about our need for rolling pins! First, not ...
Cool curd rice for summer
By Dr.savitha Suri · 10 years ago
Ingredients: Rice: 1 cup Water : 3 cups Thick curd: - 3 cups Finely chopped coriander leaves – ¼ cup White grapes (slit into halves) – 1 cup Broken Cashews – ¼ cup Curry leaves ...
Why Should You Consider The Cranberry All Year Long?
By Emily Morris · 9 years ago
When you hear the word "Cranberry", what’s the first thing that comes to mind? For most people, it’s festive holiday meals like Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years & Easter. Fall may be cranberry harvesting time, but ...
Spicy and stuffed slowly roasted chicken – Indian style
By Bogdana Ivanova · 10 years ago
Want to make a change this Christmas or holiday season? Try the Indian-style slowly roasted chicken and leave your family wanting more. Here is a spicy, Bollywood twist to your regular chicken recipe which is ...
Better Nutrition With Homemade Soup
By Gretchen Scalpi, Rd, Cde · 10 years ago
Many of my clients tell me how much they like having soup for lunch in the colder months, but most of the time, they name off various brands of soups bought at the store. Don't ...
Cookie Making Made Easy My Busy Mom Method
By Chris Rawstern · 11 years ago
In the early 1970s, when I was very young and with small children to care for, I had a few cookie recipes I would make very often, because they were simple recipes, with ingredients I ...
Gluten Free Baking, A Journey into New Territory
Gluten-Free foods are taking their place in the world these days. We are all becoming more aware of gluten, gluten intolerance, celiac (or coeliac) disease, and what this means for so many people. While I ...
Tea the Real Story
Everyone knows what tea is, right? Tea, technically, comes from the leaves of one plant, camellia sinensis. Anything other than the leaves from this plant is not actually tea, although tea is often used as ...
The Staple Ingredients of Thai Cuisine
By Julie Brown · 11 years ago
Thai cuisine is a combination of a variety of cooking styles from different regions of Thailand. It is typically famed for its powerful spicy flavours, but in actual fact Thai dishes should be the perfect ...
Why These Three Fruits Are Great for Smoothies
By Steve Sheer · 11 years ago
A smoothie is a tasty style of saving time. Modern people simply HAVE TO love them. Think about it, you can actually eat something you like and feel you're getting healthier. You can drink it ...
Rotisseries - the Good, the Better, the Best
By Sheonty Sultan · 11 years ago
If you want a hunk of poultry or leg of lamb that is firm to the touch, yet, tender and oozing juices, an investment in the best rotisserie is non-negotiable. Using a rotisserie ensures even ...
Cinnamon in the Cupboard Real or Imposter
I have a bone to pick about cinnamon. How many of you really know what spice you have in your cupboards. Are you sure it really is cinnamon. We in the U.S. are having the ...
5 Advantages of a Home Made Ice Cream Maker
By Adrian O. · 11 years ago
Ice cream is one of the worlds' favorite comfort foods. It just seems to make everything better, don't you agree? You can mix it with fruits, custard, wafers, chocolates, nuts, brownies, cheeses and other stuff ...
Best Stand Mixers for Flexibility
By April Raine Spencer · 11 years ago
A quick glance at one of the most popular stand mixers, the KitchenAid, reveals nothing unusual or suspect about that iconic small kitchen appliance. The Artisan model seduces with its classic retro lines while its ...
Making a Rich and Thick Coffee with Turkish Ibrik
By Sergei Pikovski · 11 years ago
It is a fact that coffee has become a huge industry these days that is why there are different ways in brewing them that includes using an Ibrik from Turkey. As a matter of fact, ...
Corn Dog Batter
By Pat Jackson · 11 years ago
Reliving what you loved in your childhood, those fond memories of carnivals and fairs, and really getting back to that time of innocence and youth is usually about having or doing something that you loved ...
The Health Benefits And Effects Of Whole Coffee Beans
By Sl Groezinger · 11 years ago
For over thousands of years now, coffee has been identified to stimulate talkativeness, alertness, activeness and creativity. It is one of the most in demand drinks and you can simply prove it by means of ...
Some Simple Tips But Still Useful For Cooking
By James Clearfield · 11 years ago
One of the best tips that you can follow when you are using oil is to add it to the sides of your pan upon cooking- so when it gets to the food, it is ...
Your Smoker Grill and Fresh Salmon; What a Great Combination
By Tom Schreiner · 11 years ago
Salmon season is about to kick off here in northern California and hopefully, it will be a bountiful season. Salmon are a good fighting fish so, whether you are fishing the rivers or in the ...
Let's Barbeque..........
By Nicole Greenfield · 11 years ago
It’s that time of year again, get out the grills and get ready for BBQ season. There are many different ways that people Barbeque. Here are some tips that you can use for when grilling ...