Events

Related categories
The Katrina Effect
By Raymond Sahley · 16 years ago
First off let me say how much compassion I have for all the participants of the devastating Hurricane Katrina. I don’t like the word victim because that implies a guilty party inflicting harm on another ...
Who Helps The Victims
By Jeffrey Solochek · 16 years ago
Thousands of people around the world are becoming victims to these cyber crimes like Phishing, Identity theft, and Nigerian scams but what happens after these people become victims. When my wife and I became victims ...
World War II
By Jeff Stats · 16 years ago
"I give snatches; I describe episodes; I make—as it were—snapshots in time; I reflect personal recollections, thoughts, experiences, and views of specific individuals.." those are the words of Marius Broekmeyer the author of Stalin, the ...
10 Patriotic Quotes to Celebrate Memorial Day
By Noel Jameson · 16 years ago
On Monday, May 28th, we will honor those who died in service to our nation. What better way to recognize Memorial Day than to reflect on some inspirational and thought-provoking quotes from the men who ...
Don’t Be Like Anna Nicole Smith and Teri Schivo!!!
By Belinda Rachman, Esq. · 16 years ago
If you are like 70% of the population, you don't have a current will even though 100% of us are going to need one. High profile cases such as Smith and Shivo are good reminders ...
War on Drugs a Costly Sham
By Wade Agnew · 16 years ago
We humans are a predictable lot; we continually ignore history, are afraid of everything, and act emotionally rather than rationally, especially when it comes to the vexatious and controversial subject of drugs in society. We ...
Economic Report on China
By Jeff Stats · 16 years ago
Half a century ago nobody could even imagine the pace of growing that China is experiencing right now. Back then it was simply a country with a devastated by war economy that was just starting ...
Take it From the Experts - Ignatius Piazza
By Jayden Adams · 16 years ago
Dr. Ignatius Piazza’s announcement a little over three days ago that Front Sight Firearms Training Facility would be offering free, comprehensive firearm training to designated School Safety Monitors from any and all schools across the ...
Ignatius Piazza, Where Do We Turn?
Ignatius Piazza agrees: Terrible atrocities like the one Americans were forced to witness on the 16th of April in Virginia cause many different reactions. Typically, the primary reaction is the need for something, sometimes advice, ...
Current Science Article: Stem Cell Research in the Spotlight Once Again
By Sally Falkow · 16 years ago
Recent discoveries about the role of stem cells in cancer have altered the landscape of cancer research, says Medical News Today. There is, however, a long-running philosophical rift over stem cell research at both the ...
Front Sight, Gun Safety, Gun Control, Responsibility
It is an unfortunate testament to our times that most everyone in America is familiar with the schools named Columbine, Littleton and Southwood not because their merit or a remarkable education or curriculum, but because ...
How will Chinas energy consumption effect the West?
By Davinos Greeno · 16 years ago
You can't turn on the TV or open a magazine these days without reading about the rise of China and how they will be the next economic superpower within the next few decades. China has ...
Why do Refugees Flee to the USA and UK?
The majority of countries in the World have signed up to the 1951 United Nations Convention for Refugees. This means that any person has a legal right to come to that country and claim asylum. ...
Latin America Bites Back
Since the end of World War II the USA has intervened in Latin America countless times in order to keep the balance of power in the interest of the USA. The Panama Canal and Bay ...
Can the USA and UK win the War on Terror?
By Davinos Greeno · 17 years ago
You don't need to be told that after 9/11 the world changed, but does anybody really care or know about the full extent? The War on Terrorism, (also called the Global War on Terrorism) is ...
Mandatory Minimum Sentences
By Jeff Stats · 17 years ago
Rising public concern about drug use in the late 1980's was called a drug "panic" or "scare". This phenomenon has not been born over night but rather has been building up throughout the 1980s, and ...
Moral Values In Society Flourish As We Commemorate The Bicentennial Of The Abolition Of Human Trafficking
By Kristin Gabriel · 17 years ago
February marked the 200th anniversary of laws that disallowed human trafficking. In conjunction with this bicentennial the film Amazing Grace, based on the life of antislavery pioneer William Wilberforce, is slated to open in theaters ...
The Effects of Global Terrorism on the Events Industry
By Cole Branel · 17 years ago
Many people consider the impacts on industries that are directly related to the terrorist actions, such as the insurance industry. However, few consider the impact on an industry such as the events industry. While some ...
What is Bird-Flu?
By Greg Edwards · 17 years ago
Over the past year, Bird Flu has been pasted on the headlines of every major media outlet in the nation. It seems like everybody is worried about it, but when I ask, no one can ...
FDI affects on the process of economic growth of developing countries
By Jeff Stats · 17 years ago
Foreign direct investment (FDI) is known as movement of capital across national frontiers in a way that grants the investor control over the acquired asset. That is how it is distinct from portfolio investment which ...