Politics

Related categories
Random Thoughts About War
By June Stepansky · 4 years ago
War is a complex problem which will not be easy to solve. The reason for this is that war has many underlying causes that are often difficult to identify and change. There are economic imperatives ...
A New View of Crime and Punishment
Whether we live in poor areas or more affluent environments, we are all affected by the crime around us and the fear it engenders in all of us. Long ago people viewed crime in a ...
Freedom of Speech in a Diverse World
Voltaire (1694—1778) said, "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". That statement made so long ago is more timely than ever. As ...
Greed in our Time
"Greed is Good !"--from the movie "Wall Street" More than 2000 years ago the wise and famous scholar Hillel wrote " If I am not for myself who will be for me. If I am ...
About Media and Influence
We are fortunate to live in a country and at a time when we have almost unlimited access to information — political, social and personal through many TV and radio outlets, through newspapers and through the internet. ...
The U.S.: Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia cost $125 million
By Viktors Domburs · 4 years ago
The U.S. does its best to strengthen its positions in the Baltic States. The U.S. hunts out excuses for being there, having no actual reason and legal grounds to deploy its military contingent in the ...
Social uncertainty weakens Latvia
By Viktors Domburs · 5 years ago
The latest data of the Central Statistical Bureau (CSB) show that at the beginning of 2018 population of Latvia accounted for 1 million 934 thousand, which is 15.7 thousand people fewer than a year ago. ...
No one will deter Russia in the Baltic region
By Viktors Domburs · 5 years ago
Recently researchers and analysts of the RAND Corporation issued the report "Exploring Requirements for Effective Deterrence of Interstate Aggression." The stated aim of this report is "to provide a fresh look at the subject in ...
Give people mansions because they can breathe, and because they can count to 10
By Thomas Cullen · 5 years ago
I don’t exactly believe in mansions. Mansions are nothing more than the effect of miscalculated management and government. If people were much better at co-ordinating with other people, mansions along with nationalism and skyscrapers wouldn’t ...
What influence does print media have on elections?
By Cerys Elder · 6 years ago
As you’ve probably noticed, we’re living in a digital age. Due to this, print media is often overlooked and is seen as a less effective way to spread a message. But what if we told ...
UAE sponsors controversial anti-Qatar conference in London
By John Baker · 6 years ago
LCPA, London, UK (09.09.2017) – A controversial UAE conference has been announced late august 2017 in London, UK. The Conference planned to take place on 14th September 2017 seems to be yet another UAE endeavour ...
Idi Amin’s Reign of Terror, Trial and Error
By Dr. Vincent Womujuni · 7 years ago
Introduction Whenever the name "Idi Amin" is invoked, it denotes elements of brutality, bloodshed and dictatorship--the leadership techniques that made him famous for being infamous. Amin was arguably one of the most polarizing political leaders ...
Our Modern Plight: An Observation Into Our Current State in Time & How It Affects Us All
By Joaquin Herrera · 7 years ago
As of lately the media has portrayed much chaos, all at an immensely alarming rate, and not just local predicaments, but major events taking place globally. Everyday you hear news of "Shootings" "Riots" "Attacks" etc. ...
Largest U.S. Oil & Gas Source Discovered - No Motivation To Get It
By Industrial Motor Power Corporation · 7 years ago
On November 15th, the United States Geological Survey (USGS) assessed that Texas’s Wolfcamp shale contains an estimated 20 billion barrels of oil, and 1.6 billion barrels of natural gas liquids. These figures elevate Wolfcamp to ...
A Challenge to Our Two Candidates – Why Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton MUST Read This Book
By E Dennis Brod · 7 years ago
E. Dennis Brod, the philosopher and author of The Essence of Ethical Pragmatism (the common sense philosophy), has issued a challenge to Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. The recently published book, lauded as being non-partisan ...
The Muslims in India are Blackmailing The Indian Majority in the Name of Cow Slaughter.
By Babu Banik · 7 years ago
The Muslims are never happy anywhere in the world and more so in Islamic countries. They always find out innovative ways to invent stories of atrocities on them and start destabilizing wherever they are in ...
Phosphate Mining In Central Florida Riparian Lands
By Davey Crockett · 7 years ago
Florida’s phosphate industry is known to own and strip mine lands in riparian areas of the state. Particularly in central Florida where the regions drinking water is degrading, caused by phosphate industry practices (1). The ...
Florida Phosphate Mining Buffer Zones
Phosphate strip mining is known to cause severe landscape disruptions. Mitigation and final land reclamations plans are a must to be "permitted" to strip the central Florida earth for phosphate ore. Strip mining is considered ...
Phosphate Industry Strip Mining Central Florida Watersheds
The state of Florida owns all riparian lands and navigable waterways held in "trust" for the public at large by the sovereignty granted to Florida at statehood in 1845 by the United States of America. ...
Phosphate Industry Siege On Alafia River And Watersheds
The Alafia River watersheds and smaller tributaries in the area are known to be used as "navigable waterways" by the state of Florida during the early-19th century by European (1) settlers. During the early-19th century ...